Ongoing Job Vacancy at Clickatell for the position of VP Financial Controller & Treasury for immediate employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and be a key contributor to the strategic direction and success of the company
- Lead, develop and grow the global team that delivers the core Accounting and Treasury operations functions for the business
- Oversee all accounting functions, making sure reporting and bookkeeping is accurate and in compliance with all appropriate accounting standards
- Ultimate responsibility for the company’s various accounting close processes (monthly, quarterly and annually), the Annual Audit and external reporting for the company
- Financial statements: Oversee the team that completes the financial statements ensuring they are correct, complete, free of errors and in compliance with all relevant standards / laws
- Create accounting strategies and analyse accounts, suggesting improvements to reduce costs and maximize profits
- Provide expertise and based on industry changes, and where necessary guide updates and changes in financial policies, procedures, and internal controls (GAAP compliant procedures)
- Lead and direct change initiatives and operational improvements, such as systems or technology implementations that will improve the effectiveness of the company
- Personable and ready to not only bring great experience to the team, but also coach, and be a leader for the company as a whole as we move through this exciting grow period
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Experience in public accounting and a software/SaaS business
- Experience at both Medium (250+ employees) and Large (1,000+ employees) companies desired, and ideally experience in a company that has grown significantly
- Proven leader of teams with multiple functional responsibilities
- Experience working closely with (or leading) Treasury team operations including international cash management
- Experience seeing or implementing system upgrades
- Experience both working for a multinational company, and working overseas is desired
- Have a minimum of 15+ years of relevant accounting experience with a degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance and a current professional accounting qualification
Expert Knowledge and Ability
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and tax processes (familiarity with IFRS in addition, is desirable)
- Strong technical skills and experience of being a senior lead in a public company reporting team including experience of SEC reporting and SOX controls required
- Self-managed, organized and deadline orientated, with strong priority management skills and attention to detail
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Kindly visit Clickatell on jobs.workable.com South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!