Ongoing Job Vacancy at Weylandts for the position of Visual Merchandiser for immediate employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in store, working with store manager and other store employees. Doing floor walks 3 times a day.
- Consistently achieve the ongoing installation and dressing of the required merchandising plan within the prescribed time frame which will involve working with the basement team and will include some lifting, carrying etc.
- Ensure a high standard of visual merchandising in line with the company’s vision and brand identity in the respective store.
- Required people skills to oversee basement Staff. Assistance ensuring that all tasks allocated are completed professionally and on time.
- Merchandising monthly promotional settings according to the company’s design directives.
- Ensure aggressive replenishment of homeware/ furniture. Constantly checking stock levels of homeware in cage and not on the shop floor to ensure items are urgently replaced
- Be involved in Homeware stock takes if required
- Ensure ongoing maintaining/updating of the furniture display settings and homeware shelving/tables as per last floor/setting changes and/or directives from Head office. This requires regular communication with the Head Office VM team.
- Assist customers and maintain a professional approach, selling when required.
- Work as a member of the store team assisting colleagues whenever you have opportunity and available time to do so.
- Ordering the correct flowers and plants for the store(s) timeously, and within the set budget.
- Ensure required photos of shelving/settings are sent timeously and without exception to the merchandising department
- Assisting in receiving, unpacking and checking in of homeware when relevant basement team member not available or high stock volumes are received.
- Be aware of new product arrivals and lines to be discontinued and plan for this in advance with Head office. Maintain superior product knowledge.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- This position requires education to at least Matric level (ideally post Matric diploma in Interior decorating field) along with a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role and environment/brand. The Visual Merchandiser is an integral part of the company’s overall performance; in terms of image, the shopping experience, perception and brand equity.
- The job holder must have a good eye for furniture settings and homeware and be creative. He/ she must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of company and merchandising policies and procedures as well as an understanding of how a retail outlet or store operates. They must have strong administrative skills, excellent product knowledge and passion for Weylandts furniture and homeware. They must have a valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit careers.weylandts.co.za South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!