(1)To manage test planning and analysis:
- Co-operate with clients/user and senior staff as required to agree the testing strategy to be employed for development projects
- Co-ordinate all activity and all testers during each testing phase of a project or programme
- Determine which tools and utilities work best and how to use them for given situation/project
- Develop, modify, and ensure that software testing plans are executed
- Provide accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
- Initiate test planning activities
- Represent the customer in understanding how they use the system and including the most relevant end to end user scenarios in test plans and automation.
- Defining test strategy and test plans and reviewing them with stakeholders.
- Identify the testing scope required for each release based on the requirements of the document.
- Ensure optimal test coverage and improve the test coverage.
- Identify the testing effort required by calculating the sizing needed for the given release and plan the required effort for the same.
- Identify the tools to be used for test reporting, test management, test automation, etc. and identify when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, plan the effort.
- Estimate the testing resources and time required and negotiate with management to acquire the necessary resources.
- Publish the test plan after discussions with the test team and have it reviewed and approved by the management/ development team.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Grade 12
- Diploma or Degree qualified (IT or related technical)
- Formal software testing training and registration (e.g. ISTQB, ISEB)
- 3-5 Years experience in a Test Lead/Management position
- 3-5 Years experience in Test Environment Management
- 3-5 years HP QC or HP ALM experience
- 3 -5 years Selenium/Test Complete/UFT/QTP/SOAPUI exposure
- 3- 5 years Cloud Testing (Azure/AWS) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Experience
- 3- 5 years experience in Testing in a retail / financial sector
Knowledge and Skills
- 3 – 5 years expertise in systems testing, systems integration testing,
- 3 – 5 years expertise in automation testing, user acceptance testing
- 3 – 5 years Google Suite/MS Office expertise
- 3 – 5 years expertise in both Manual and Automated Testing.
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: The Shoprite Group of Companies South Africa
All applicants who meet the above criteria will be required to undergo job related assessments to establish suitability for placement, this includes a verification of qualifications.
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!