Clickatell suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Technical Product Owner (SMS) to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Technical Product management of Clickatell’s SMS product portfolio, specifically underlying platforms, message routing, operational support and administration systems
- Drive the roadmap and technical implementation of SMS messaging services, support tools and administration tools across Clickatell’s SMS messaging platforms
- Collaborate closely with the Commercial Product Manager for SMS Messaging and other stakeholders across the company to plan and execute end to end SMS based solution development involving multiple products and systems
- Manage Clickatell’s Messaging API offering including new releases, documentation updates, introduction of updates or new APIs and tools.
- Drive new product introductions through all stages of the product development process including business cases, development, launch schedule, trainings, and GTM
- Manage product delivery into a series of releases and work with the Engineering team to facilitate the rapid and accurate delivery of product features and use-cases
- Perform backlog tracking of operational and bug issues and prioritization jointly with stake holders. Interface with stakeholders like Product Managers, Support, Product Partnerships, Sales, etc.
- Familiarity with API protocols like SMPP, SOAP, REST, HTTP
- Be the primary point of contact for Customer Support regarding deliverability in general and SMS messaging platform specific issues
- Take responsibility for final user acceptance testing (UAT) of SMS releases
- Develop business & product requirements, operational processes, and other relevant product documentation in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams both internal and external
- Design and create process documentation required to help collaboration in our expanding organization
- Design necessary handoff processes with key stakeholders; Publish and execute against these processes
- Engage on a regular basis with Support, Sales and Partnerships teams, bringing them up to date regarding releases, new developments, and major changes
- Manage EOL process for legacy systems and support and the transition of legacy customers to new offers and services
- Define, publish, and own metrics as part of product launches and administration tool developments and report on these on a scheduled and ad hoc manner as required.
- Support the Product Leadership team in analysing opportunities and developing the relevant artefacts such as business analysis, presentation material, etc.
- Ensure you have clear and articulated vision and key performance indicators for each aspect of your products and analyse behaviour and identify inhibitors and opportunities
- Cooperate with the Product Partnership team to stay on top of changing SMS regulations coming from mobile operators or country regulators and implement new requirements
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Domain knowledge in delivering SaaS products for a B2B software provider.
- Experience managing software or telecommunication products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to new implementations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or Business degree / diploma (BBA, MBA, Business Analysis certification)
- Minimum 3 years experience as product manager or product owner or technical lead of mobile/SaaS software applications. Messaging or telecom specific experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills is a non-negotiable
- Proficiency with the technical elements of product design, development and application
- Technically savvy, experience with cloud services, APIs, communications, software, devices, and mobile services
- Have a keen interest in product management or development
- Experience working with Agile Methodology, SDLC and Scrum and demonstrated experience in managing end-to-end software product lifecycles.
- Experience with APIs, integration frameworks and building and launching API products
- Experience working in a fast-paced technical software development environment where Agile (Scrum) methodologies are practiced
- Excellent communication skills in the form of written, verbal, and presentation in front of an audience.
- Bonus: Experience in business analysis and business process design
- Bonus: Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Bonus: Familiarity with API protocols like SMPP, SOAP, REST, HTTP
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Kindly visit Clickatell on jobs.workable.com South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!