We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team at Ackermans. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Business requirements development: Develop and document business requirements for new and existing systems.
- Process flow and use case development: Develop process flows and use cases to illustrate how the business will interact with the new systems.
- Inform design process and ensure design meets the business goals and objectives: Work with the design team to ensure that the new systems meet the needs of the business.
- Define and maintain test acceptance criteria and test case development: Define the test acceptance criteria and develop test cases to ensure that the new systems meet the requirements.
- Write effective test cases based on business requirements, use cases and design: Write effective test cases that will accurately test the new systems.
- Test execution to ensure we launch and maintain a quality digital product including User Acceptance Testing, End-to-End Testing and Regression Testing: Execute the test cases to ensure that the new systems are working as expected.
- Assist in defect tracking, defect triage and issue resolution: Assist in tracking and resolving defects found during testing.
- Inform others of issues that may affect the schedule, budget, or scope of the project: Communicate with stakeholders about any issues that may impact the project.
- Develop and maintain support and launch documentation: Develop and maintain documentation that will be used to support and launch the new systems.
- Provide website support: Provide support for the Ackermans website.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, System Design, Management Science, Business studies, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the apparel retail industry, with exposure to business process exposure/understanding, process optimizing/improvement, elicitation and documenting BRS/BRD, IT and 3rd party collaboration, setup, management and execution of testing, project management, training/change management, systems/business support for BAU, system architecture understanding, UML, and basic Oracle/SQL.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile working methodologies and principles.
- Knowledge of PMBOK and BABOK management principles.
- Ability to compile quantitative and or qualitative information/reporting.
- Knowledge of Personal Data Protection – POPIA.
- Working knowledge of Cloud based (SaaS) software applications that can enable services.
- Working knowledge of hardware and software lifecycle management.
- Working knowledge of SDLC.
- Working knowledge of Change Control governance principles and Defect management.
- Working knowledge of fit for purpose system integration in an ERP- and non-ERP environment.
- Working knowledge of various modelling techniques.
- Working knowledge of UI / UX.
- Working knowledge of process mapping tools (Draw.io, etc).
- Critical thinking
- Multi project/activity management
- Prioritisation of projects/activity/resources
- Requirement’s elicitation
- Risk management
If you are a highly motivated and experienced Business Analyst who is looking for a challenging and rewarding career, we encourage you to apply for this position.