- We value our SRE experts as individuals who are passionate about SysOps and DevOps.
- As an SRE engineer you will be working on improving the reliability and stability of production level components. This involves alerting and monitoring of solutions, performing risk analysis to ensure the optimal uptime is adhered to and automating the deployments of the infrastructure through various stages in the development pipeline to ensure continuous delivery.
- There is an opportunity to grow your skill set in interesting technologies like kubernetes, prometheus, hadoop, trifacta, graphana and more. With a focus on DevOps and SysOps you will get the opportunity to grow your career with like minded team members all working towards the same goal of constantly improving the platform.
- Your background might be in SysOps / Systems Administration/ Network Administration / IT Infrastructure / Operations Support / Infrastructure Engineer / Support Engineer or you’re starting to explore the DevOps Environment..
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other SRE Engineers and other Technology functions to deliver secure, reliable, robust, scalable solutions which can be built, tested and deployed through the Route to Live and into Production using continuous integration / deployment.
- Allocate your team’s workload and manage the expectations of key stakeholders.
- Identify and implement DevOps/SysOps engineering best practices in conjunction with your peers.
- Visualizing metrics through dashboards hosted in Graphana.
- Ensure platform uptimes are adhered to by using monitoring tools to automatically surface valuable alerts.
- Ensure the use of continuous delivery pipelines and tools to fully automate deployment.
- Troubleshoot and take ownership of issues in our production environments. Including performance optimization and continuous tuning
- Continuous learning and evaluation of the latest approaches, tools, and technologies
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- An individual thinker, not afraid to think outside of the box and to challenge preconceived ideas.
- Self starter and disciplined to take ownership of critical areas for continuous improvement.
- A passionate advocate of continuous deployment
- Ability to quickly learn and apply emerging techniques, frameworks, and platforms
- Working experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes an advantage
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- UNIX / Linux background
- Experience or Understanding of configuration management tooling (Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience in container management technologies (Kubernetes or any other)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code
- Basic scripting skills (bash/sh/ksh/pearl/python)
- Experience working with or following Runbooks
- Experience in one of more popular CI platforms (e.g. Github Action,Jenkins,Bamboo, or Travis).
- Understanding of Infrastructure Deployment and Templating (Puppet / Chef / Ansible / Terraform )
- Good Infrastructure Principles
- Experience in advanced monitoring models. (Prometheus an advantage)
- Knowledge of continuous integration and automated testing
- Visualization experience advantage (ELK, Grafana, Splunk).
- RHCSA / RCHE Certification an advantage but not a requirement.
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? DotModus South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!