Ongoing Job Vacancy at Nedbank for the position of Specialist Investigator for immediate employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Conduct investigations and/or ad hoc requests to report fraudulent and/or inappropriate activities.
- Ensure adherence to internal policies in preparing case files.
- Ensure provision for claims are made and regulatory requirements are met and report claims and corruption cases.
- Improve business performance and prevent further potential losses and/or reputational risk.
- Investigate possible fraudulent claims and prevent further potential losses.
- Ensure reporting to the relevant Enterprise Risk Committee (ERCO) takes place for preventative strategies to be implemented across Nedbank.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression.
- Ensure personal growth and application of new competence to enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure upskilling and effective handover to relevant responsible person.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses.
- Build, manage and maintain relationships through face-to-face interaction and networking with stakeholders across divisional boundaries, and attending industry and professional forums.
- Obtain expert opinion and evidence and determine veracity of claims and/or allegations.
- Ensure needs and expectations are managed and/or met.
- Present findings of investigation in a formal report to relevant stakeholders for implementation of recommendations and actions required.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Influence the enhancement of business processes and methodologies.
- Ensure costs are recovered per time allocation and transfer pricing agreements with stakeholders.
- Ensure work is completed to plan and conduct high profile and complex investigations.
- Improve processes and prevent reoccurrence of similar future incidences.
- Highlight implication of not implementing recommendations.
- Highlight suspicious events, prevent further potential losses, comply with regulatory obligations and requirements and prevent potential reputational risk.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) Post Graduate Degree, Chartered Accountant
Minimum Experience Level
- 8-10 years working experience as a Specialist Investigator dealing with Commercial Crimes with a Prosecution background. Who is an admitted attorney/admitted advocate. working in the Banking/Financial Services/Legal background.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Cluster specific operations
- Compliance reporting
- Fraud investigation methodology
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Industry trends
- Interviewing techniques
- Legal Risk and practice management
- Principles of project management
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Fraud Risk Management Process And Frameworks
- Behavioural Competencies
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Decision Making
- Managing Work
- Quality Orientation
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit jobs.nedbank.co.za Africa South
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!