The SA Navy is offering young South African citizens and excellent opportunity to serve in uniform over a period of two-years. The Military Skills Development System (MSDS) is a two-year voluntary service system with the aim of equipping and developing young South Africans with the necessary skills in order to compete in the open market.
Young recruits are required to sign up for a period of two-years, during which they will receive Military Training and further Functional Training.
SA Navy Military Skills Development Programme 2022
The MSD programme is a two-year voluntary service system. Recruits are required to sign up for a period of two years, during which they will receive military training and further functional training in a specific field, eg Combat Operators, Support services, Submarine operators etc in their first year of service.
During the second year of service, depending on the duration of their functional orientation, they will be deployed where needed and given the opportunity to apply their
knowledge and develop their skills.
- South African citizen (no dual citizenship)
- Have no record of criminal offences
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointments in the SANDF
- Matric statement of results for 2019 and before will not be accepted (Matric certificate is required)
- Preferably single
- Not area bound
Minimum Requirements for Applicants with Matric/Grade 12 only:
- Combat applicants aged between 18 and 22 (1999 – 2003) must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 4 for both subjects.
- Engineering and Technical Applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 4 for both subjects.
- Support applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12.
- Matric statement of results for 2019 and before will not be accepted. (Matric certificate is required).
Requirements for Graduates applicants aged between 18 and 26 (1995 –2002):
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must have a completed Grade 12 with a completed Degree/Advanced Diploma/National Diploma or N6 with Trade Test Certificate in Mechanical, Marine or Electrical Engineering.
- Must have completed Grade 12 with a completed Degree/Advanced Diploma/or National Diploma in Human Resource/Logistics/ Organization and Work-study/Sports management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The 2022 MSDS was opened for applications on the 13th of June 2021. Click below for full details
Mode of Application
- Copy of ID
- Copy of Matric Certificate (Matric statement of results for 2019 and before will not be accepted)
- A short CV
- Highest achieved qualification (e.g. Degree, National Diploma or N6 with Trade Test (Transcripts of N4 and N5 must be attached).
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!