Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Full compliance to quality standards as specified by top Management
- Full compliance with production schedules
- Taking corrective action when necessary and excellent knowledge in handling IR issues
- Daily planning for the Press shop to maintain the production workflow
- Improving overall production performance in Press shop
- Ensuring that performance management takes place for the entire department
- Achieving and exceeding all production-related KPI’s
- Coordination of continuous improvement programs (Lean Manufacturing, Productivity improvement)
- Implementing an environment and culture of motivation and discipline in the workplace.
- Ensure that housekeeping is maintained to corporate standards.
- To improve and record OEE of all Presses (Jier, Neff & Omera)
- Setting up “Standard Setting sheets” and ensuring these are followed.
- Maximizing possible production – improve Set-up time, Increase stroking rate.
- Reduce Scrap
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Diploma/ Degree in Production Management/ Industrial Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering.
- Technical Skills RequirementsHave a good knowledge of the different manufacturing processes used by the Company
- Sound Knowledge of Press shop and tools.
- Have a good knowledge of components
- Have an understanding of manufacturing principles
- Have a good understanding of the model mix
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have good conflict resolution skills
- Have a good knowledge of the Company’s Disciplinary code
- High level of numeracy
- Computer Literacy and Presentation skills
- Ability to communicate in English including reading and writing
- Have a good understanding of process flow (Primary, Process, and Assembly)Have a good knowledge of TPM Principles
- leadership skills.
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years Consumer Goods Manufacturing
- 5 to 10 years Team Leader & Supervisor
Desired Qualification Level:
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Defy Appliances South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!