Nedbank suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Senior Strategy Specialist to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Conducts strategic research and market / competitor analytics to drive strategy insights towards strategic opportunity identification.
- Support and drive the delivery of key strategic enterprise initiatives by proactively engaging with key stakeholders.
- Assist in cross-cluster decision making through collaborative resolution and problem solving. To facilitate long term strategy development and provide company management with strategy updates.
- Provides management with corporate performance measures and competitor analysis and ensures functional alignment with Group strategy.
- Responsible for developing partnerships, strategic alliances and associations whilst representing the company’s views effectively.
- Provide planning guidelines and facilitate planning reviews and making strategic choices in line with business imperatives.
- Facilitate the formulation of strategy in the form of three-year business plan. Identify and analyse key trends to improve business competitiveness.
- Facilitate discussions on key strategic interventions through business meetings.
- Assist in the identification of strategic opportunities for Group through market analytics and research.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g., operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
- Review Group strategic aspirations through reviewing contributing targets and milestones with analytics and reporting.
- Ensure execution of strategic initiatives through monitoring and benchmarking of outcomes.
- Coordinate strategic initiatives and collaboration through joint planning and review sessions.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes; models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g., staff surveys etc.).
- Research and make recommendations for corporate citizenship initiatives in area of influence.
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced, and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Enable skilling and required corrective action to take place by sharing knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
Qualification/Essential (required minimum):
- Matric plus B.Com, Business Science degree, Economics degree , or BSc degree
- Chartered Account (CA), Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and or an equivalent business-related degree, or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Minimum Experience Level
- 10+ years working experience and relevant industry experience
- 4+ years of management experience – (management of teams or projects)
Type of Exposure
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Developing ways to minimize risks
- Drafting reports
- Managing conflict
- Brainstorming ways of improving a product or situation
- Comparing two or more sets of information
- Communicating standards to others
- Writing business proposals
- Challenging the status quo with a view to improving the environment or internal stakeholders understanding
- Managing multiple projects
- Identifying trends
- Communicating complex information
- Providing strategic advice related to your area of speciality
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Strategy development
- Strategy implementation
- Banking procedures
- Industry trends
- Microsoft Office
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Financial Acumen
- Business writing and presentation skills
- Research and analytics
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Banking knowledge
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit jobs.nedbank.co.za South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!