Bidvest Bank invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Senior Reconciliation Specialist to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Ensure Journals are processed accurately and completely.
- Ensure all external files are received and any missing files resolved before month end.
- Meet month end reporting deadlines.
- Understand transaction flows for new products on endtoend accounting process flows that impact the balance sheet and income statement.
- To accurately handle all reconciliation aspects relating to Card/Bank and Float Reconciliations.
- Accurate and effective clearing of Reconciliations within the set deadlines.
- Understand Visa and MasterCard, Issuing and Acquiring settlement process.
- Understand and Balance ATM reconciliations
- Understand the various payment streams through Bank Serv.
- Efficiently handle queries for Swift, RTC, Naedo, Saswitch and EFT.
- To investigate and resolve outstanding items on reconciliations daily while adhering to all procedures.
- Corresponding with various Local Banks, Foreign Banks, and various Service Providers.
- Submit Month End Reconciliations for Management Review within the set deadlines.
- Maintain relationships and understand the core functions of the Finance Department, Card Division as well as Front and Back Office Operations.
- Completion of various Daily Reports.
- Completion of various Month End Board Reports.
- Monthly Analysis of volumes and values on all Card/Bank Reconciliations.
- To exercise control over Branch and Customer Financial Transactions i.e. timeous deposits, unpaids,
- Determination to resolve and correct situations.
- Assist with New Product Implementation
- Weekly and Monthly Review of Reconciliations
- Assist with New Alliance Initiatives, from a reconciliation perspective.
- Ensure departmental compliance to relevant Operating Procedures.
- Proactive and accurate management of information by delivering timely reports to relevant departments and management.
- Contribute to the financial wellbeing of the department/bank.
- Assist with Budget preparations and Analysis
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
Accounting Diploma/B.Com.Degree or Equivalent
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit careerjunction.co.za South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!