As our Senior QA Engineer you will:
- Take part in refining new features and analysing requirements
- Understand the technical implementation and suggest test strategies to the team
- Develop test cases and come up with test plans
- Support the rest of the QA team and DevOps in implementing automated regression test coverage for new and existing features and integrating them into our build pipelines.
In your first 90 days at Mama Money you will:
- Onboard all our tools and processes, and familiarise yourself with the various teams and departments at Mama Money.
- Develop a deep understanding of what Mama Money does, and what your team does, from the point of view of our customers.
- Work in your team, advocating quality, writing and performing tests as needed to deliver functionality
- Have one on ones with your line manager, and develop a training and career growth plan based on your personal goals, as well as the needs of the business.
- Regularly give and receive feedback, and suggest improvements.
- You have strong demonstrable testing skills and the ability to operate efficiently as part of a high performing, multi-disciplinary team.
- You have strong experience in software testing, particularly from an API layer point of entry and also testing of front-end for mobile applications.
- You have an analytical mindset with regards to testing and developing robust, effective and self-documenting test scenarios.
- You have strong teamwork and communication skills with the ability to build relationships and can confidently advocate for quality within the team.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication so you will be able to gather requirements from whatever sources are available; identify and highlight problems with ambiguous requirements.
- You have an interest in test automation, and see the benefits of automating early and often.
- You are passionate about your testing craft and excited about creating a culture of software quality excellenc
- The skills & tools you will need to use or be interested in using:
- Skilled in performing exploratory testing and, a good eye for identifying bugs that can lead to a negative user experience.
- Prior exposure or a keen interest to learn Test automation (our current framework of choice is PostMan, but experience in any similar API testing framework is fine).
- Skilled with SQL and tools for interacting with relational databases (such as DBeaver, SQL Server, MySQL Workbench, etc.)
- Experience with using Git or similar version control systems
- Experience working with cloud platforms e.g AWS, Azure, GCP. Knowledge of the AWS ecosystem (e.g. EC2 Systems, RDS databases, SQS Queues and API Gateways) is bonus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment: Scrum / Kanban / Scrumban
- The ability to multi-task and manage multiple threads of work at once, and to effectively reprioritise based on shifting business needs
- The ability to troubleshoot the source of bugs and report efficiently