Rand Water suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Senior Mechnical Technologist (Hayband – O) to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Perform primarily project execution functions (mechanical) to support a full range of varied engineering work.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering support to the project manager in strict compliance with Rand Water’s project execution guidelines.
- Supervision, inspection and approval of work done on a project, and ensure that it adheres to approved specifications.
- Co-ordinate Mechanical engineering work on projects.
- Apply conceptual thinking in order to optimize a project.
- Guide the Project Manager on technical related matters on projects, and to then select and apply the most suitable engineering techniques to solve problems.
- Liaise with contractors, colleagues and/or other specialists such as quality assurance specialists, financial specialists, etc., to ensure a successful project execution and handover.
- Co-ordinate cold & hot commissioning and Performance Tests activities & Hand Over;
- Ensuring proper interface and integration between engineering disciplines;
- Act as an assistant in project technical and progress meetings.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- 5 -10 years’ relevant technical experience
- A 4-year Tertiary qualification (BSc or B-Tech) in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
- Desirable qualifications are: ECSA registration and SACPMP registration
- Driver’s License
- Computer Literacy
- Precise application of pre-defined Standards within the field of Mechanical Engineering
- In depth knowledge of Mechanical maintenance (Relevant Mechanical standards and certification)
- Good knowledge in Mechanical infrastructure installation and commissioning
- Good knowledge of Mechanical and other disciplines interface
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit randwater.erecruit.co South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!