Old Mutual South Africa is looking for a innovative and dedicated Technical Manager to optimize the performance of our company’s Computer Information Systems.
Develop and manage technical underwriting strategy with a clear focus on growth, profitability, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
In this role, your duties will include collaborating with the technology development team and users to enhance system performance and completing projects on time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the underwriting on the product set
- Lead the development of tools to support the underwriting framework including product wording, risk acceptance criteria, underwriting rules & guidelines, retention limits, survey standards and risk classification guide.
- Monitors market conditions, competitive landscape regulatory and technological changes and provides feedback on complaints to ensure the product offering remains relevant and competitive.
- Lead the process of any implementing any product or underwriting changes (e.g. setting up business requirements, obtain sign-offs and testing).
- Set the underwriting framework and guidelines in line with business strategy and implement into the various policy administration systems.
- Define underwriting compliance metrics, monitor and track compliance to underwriting guidelines and make recommendations to senior management to mitigate any risks identified.
- Collaborate with the business to facilitate the process of product procurement approvals, on-boarding and launch to market.
- Provide technical underwriting expertise with a clear focus on growth, profitability, efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Manage a team of underwriters that resolves day-to-day technical referrals on larger or more complex risks.
- Provide training to the larger underwriting teams working in the business environment.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification in general insurance.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in technical underwriting or product development.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience leading a team of specialist underwriters and / or portfolio managers.
Skills, Abilities and Job related Knowledge:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Computer literacy and analysing skills
- Planning and organising
- Conflict management Competencies
- Leading and Deciding
- Supporting and coordinating
- Interacting and presenting
- Analysing and interpreting
- Creating and conceptualising
- Organising and executing
- Adapting and coping
- Enterprising and performing
- Clear criminal and credit record
- Ability and willingness to work in an open plan environment
- Willingness to work or be available overtime and / or weekends if required
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is required
- Willingness to travel nationally if and when required
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Old Mutual Group South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!