Munich Re suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position Senior Facultative Underwriter at to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Developing and growing a sustainable book of business and exploiting new business potentials through active development of relationships with clients and brokers in South Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa and in major international markets
- Underwriting of facultative property business, including assessing of risk, evaluating and providing reinsurance terms and conditions, in accordance with the applicable underwriting authority, underwriting guidelines, internal directives, targets and client strategies.
- Developing innovative insurance solutions and products in addition to conventional covers in close cooperation with other business units.
- Organizing and conducting seminars/workshops for clients and internal staff, providing clients with value-added services.
- Organizing and conducting surveys of large/complex property risks for clients, including preparing internal and external reports (if required).
- Assisting the treaty team in evaluating special treaty acceptance requests team from a technical point of view as and when required.
- Investigating and evaluating portfolio performance and market analysis.
- Maintaining and expanding technical and market know-how.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Business degree and/or suitable insurance qualifications such as ACII/AIISA
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in Facultative / Single Risk Property (Re) Insurance.
- Passion to actively seek out and conclude business opportunities.
- Conscientious business acumen, creativity.
- Expert communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Good IT and analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial mind set with a passion for conducting business across the African continent.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit talentsplace.recruitmentplatform.com Africa South
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!