To create and maintain mobile apps that are compelling and also which enables our users to consume our worldclass content through latest available mobile technologies. To support and develop software engineers by providing advice and coaching.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Review designs created by designers; ask any necessary clarifying questions before starting on work.
- Write code to implement those visual elements into various mobile applications.
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging apps for review and feedback.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- Effectively communicate with your peers on all levels
- Give detailed explanations and argue the pros and cons of your choices
- Follow and drive the implementation of department standards and methodologies
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- A Degree in IT/Computer Science
- Post Grad in IT/Computer Science advantageous
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 6 years’ experience with Mobile Applications development
- Exceptional knowledge of Swift (iOS), Java (Android), JSON, SOAP and REST Web Services
- Knowledge of MVC architecture
- Knowledge of Reactive Programming (ReactiveX or Rx) would be a great advantage
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the Apple App Store or the Android Play Store
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies
- SCRUM experience would be advantageous
- An understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience in development practices like test-driven development, continuous integration and -deployment
- Knowledge of Java for Android (applicable to iOS developers) and Swift (applicable to Android developers) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Java back-end development advantageous
- Eager to learn new technologies and excited by change
- Experience in taking lead within the team and other team members should come to you for guidance
- Mentor Junior developers
- Exposure to being involved in a number of complex projects
- Exposure to easily virtualizing the changes required for most features or bug fixes.
- Experience in designing, coding and testing the entire system
- Exposure to use of appropriate data structures and algorithms and comes up with generic/object-oriented code that encapsulate aspects of the problem that are subject to change.
- Experience in knowing how and when to use enterprise patterns (caching, queuing, logging etc)
- Exposure to being able to provide detailed explanation and argue the pros and cons of the solution design taken
- Experience in mastering your primary programming language and a few others
- Experience in setting technical direction Experience in ensuring continuous improvement of technical processes
- Results orientated
- Communication skills
- Risk Management Skills
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Project Management
- Problem solving skills
- Relationship Building
- Conflict Resolution
- Decision Making
- Critical Appraisal
- Holistic Thinking
- Persuading and Influence
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Multichoice South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!