Vodacom Business is searching for a strategic and inquisitive Senior Data Scientist to develop and run with data-centered projects.
In keeping with this overarching aim, the Senior Data Scientist will be required to outline work requirements, assign tasks to junior staff, and monitor performance within the team.
You should also harness your mastery of Data Science to consult on various aspects of these and other projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development of machine learning models and recommendation systems for various areas of the business on the Big Data Platform
- Development of prototype code in e.g. PySpark for automated training and scoring of the machine learning models
- Machine Learning Model performance tracking and reporting using e.g. Qlik
- Uses data visualisation to engage audience in a compelling way, enabling effective storytelling
- Delivers key packages of work, on time and in a collaborative manner to meet the needs of business customers
- Works in partnership with Big Data Engineering for data ingestion to support use cases
- Works in partnership with Big Data Production Data Engineering for model automation and productionising s
- Contributes to the development of self and others across the global analytics community, ensuring Advanced Analytics is always evolving and at the cutting edge
Desired Experience & Qualification
The Ideal Candidate For This Role Will Have
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Professional and/or academic experience in Big Data analytics & deployment of models and algorithms to solve real-world problems (with deep statistical and machine learning modelling expertise)
- Experience manipulating and analysing large and complex datasets
- Experience in visualisation, creating graphical static and interactive displays of data that clearly communicate insight (preferred)
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multinational functional teams
- Analytical and expansive thinking with a strong desire to deliver and develop
Must Have Technical / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in quantitative fields like Data Science Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or related fields
- Expertise in data manipulation: use of structured data tools (e.g., SQL), & unstructured data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
- Proficiency in Python
- Expertise in major machine learning modelling libraries (e.g., H2O, scikit-learn, PyTorch) and techniques (e.g. random forest, gradient boosting, k-means segmentation, multiple regression, factor analysis, time-series forecasting)
- Experience in digital data sets, e.g., social listening, social network analysis)
- Familiarity with visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, D3)
- Exposure/interest in machine learning
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Vodacom South Africa
All applicants who meet the above criteria will be required to undergo job related assessments to establish suitability for placement, this includes a verification of qualifications.
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!