We’re looking for a talented Senior DevSecOps Engineer to help us build out our customers’ products and solutions on multiple hyper scalers (GCP/AWS/Azure). The role is not just about being able to write the code, but also being able to architect, integrate and institute best practices to the DevSecOps competency at DotModus.
We value a DevSecOps Engineer as someone who helps us build our customer products and solutions on any cloud platform. We’re not only looking for someone to just do the work. We’re looking for someone who can provide technical leadership for the team. Someone who knows and who will advocate for best DevSecOps practices, ideas and successes with other product delivery teams.
The technologies which will be most advantageous would include systems design, networking, data storage, security, artificial intelligence, container orchestration and most importantly automation. We’re looking for someone that has the technical expertise, someone who can get their hands dirty to design, test, deploy and maintain DevOps solutions, but also someone who can lead and mentor a team
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other Leads in Data Engineering (Lead Architect, Lead Automation Tester) and other Technology functions to deliver secure, reliable, robust, scalable solutions which can be built, tested and deployed through the Route to Live and into Production using continuous integration / deployment.
- Allocate your team’s workload and manage the expectations of key stakeholders.
- Responsible for detailed design and oversight in the team deliverables.
- Identify and implement DevOps engineering best practices in conjunction with your peers, both within Data Engineering and Technology as a whole
- Ensure the use of continuous delivery pipelines and tools to fully automate deployment, testing, delivery, and management of development, QA and production systems on a variety of cloud platforms
- Troubleshoot and take ownership of issues in our development, test and production environments. Including performance optimization and continuous tuning Continuous learning and evaluation of the latest approaches, tools, and technologies
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- An individual thinker, not afraid to think outside of the box and to challenge preconceived ideas.
- Self-starter and disciplined to take ownership of critical areas for continuous improvement.
- Proven experience managing DevOps teams and mentoring engineers
- A passionate advocate of continuous deployment Industry experience working with Security Architecture/Infrastructure
- Knowledge of microservice architecture
- Ability to quickly learn and apply emerging techniques, frameworks, and platforms
- Working experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes an advantage
- Good communication and collaboration skills
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Must be from a UNIX / Linux background
- Understanding of protocols and how they work.
- Experience in message bus (Preferably Kafka)
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? DotModus South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!