SPARK Schools invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of School Operations Manager to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Implement school wide systems and procedures (for example, arrivals, dismissals, cover timetables, study hall timetables, and examination administration) to facilitate student achievement and align with SPARK Schools network -wide best practice.
- Support scholar achievement by setting clear and high expectations for excellent facilitation and monitoring in all innovation hubs.
- Maintain a regular schedule of observations in all the innovation hubs and observation review meetings with blended learning facilitators to ensure that they can successfully plan online courses, execute monitoring and tracking, and implement SPARK Schools’ culture and behaviour management techniques.
- Facilitate professional development for operational staff & Blended Learning Facilitators on the implementation of schoolwide systems, as well as personal and professional competencies. This includes designing and facilitating biweekly group sessions and individual one-on-one coaching sessions, as well as arranging for individual professional growth opportunities.
- Oversee the Office Manager’s administration of student information systems and student records.
- Ensure study hall attendance and late pick up is tracked accurately and submitted to billing on time.
- Ensure effective study material/resources are sourced and procured for high school scholars, in coordination with the Learning Model team.
- Implement a rigorous study hall product with measurable academic outcomes using data-driven strategies.
- Organise and manage the high school clubs as per the implementation guide.
- Manage the clubs and XC project budget, coordinating delivery of materials and resources in full and on time.
- Manage examination routines & procedures as outlined in the implementation guides and by DBE regulations.
- Organise and maintain relationships with extramural vendors.
- Line manage school site operational staff (office manager, facilities and maintenance staff, supervisors, and security guard) & Blended Learning Facilitators, including regular performance reviews.
- Manage all school inventory, including fixed assets (technology and furniture), stationery, cleaning supplies, and other resources.
- Conduct weekly asset checks of all Chromebooks for scholars and staff radios.
- Manage roaming Chromebook set and maintain a register, schedule and daily monitoring of roaming Chromebooks.
- Conduct monthly stock take and update asset counts.
- Oversee the maintenance of the school facility, including coordinating efforts amongst facilities and maintenance staff, SPARK Schools Support staff, outside vendors and suppliers, and security services.
- Maintain a daily schedule of facilities and grounds walk-arounds and observations, including lunch, break and study hall observations.
- Coordinate with the Procurement team at SPARK Support for fixed assets and consumables.
- Manage the site specific and study hall budgets.
- Participate in the selection of new school-based staff.
- Onboard new personnel.
- Understand and enforce network-wide policies and compliance requirements, including related Umalusi regulations.
- Lead the site-specific crisis management team.
- Understand and implement SPARK Schools crisis management strategy.
- Attend to sick or injured children and liaise with parents/guardians about their children.
- Attend to sick or injured staff and liaise with emergency contacts.
- Attend coaching 1:1s with the school principal and regular team meetings with the principal and assistant principal(s).
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Required: At least 1-3 years of classroom instruction
- Preferred: operational management/leadership in a high school context
- English language fluency
- Completed B.Ed or PGCE degree (SP & FET)
- SACE registration
- Level 1 and 2 first aid certificates
- Clear criminal record
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit SPARK Schools on apply.workable.com South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!