The Shoprite Group of Companies South Africa is looking for an innovative Retail Solution Architect to develop and implement systems architecture that will meet business needs.
The Solution Architect’s responsibilities include gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing the current software systems in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement, and overseeing development teams.
You should also be able to regularly update the company on any developments in systems architecture projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
1. Define and continuously improve the architecture framework and solution architecture modeling standards:
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business strategy and changes to business priorities.
- Define a structured architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Architect the next-generation framework developed on a group of core technologies.
- Align to the enterprise data reference architecture in support of the enterprise and regulatory information governance needs such as Information Security, Enterprise Information Management, POPI, PCI, etc.
2. Define and create solution level retail architecture models that are aligned with business blueprints, non-functional requirements, delivery constraints, data, application and technology standards:
- Analyze business requirements and create related retail architectures and designs for the baseline (“as is”) and target (“to be”) solution architectures.
- Define retail architecture governance processes and quality compliance criteria.
- Perform quality assurance checks on retail architectures and designs and enforce quality compliance criteria to set policies and standards.
- Perform quality checks on existing retail architectures and designs to identify potential business risks areas and make re-engineering recommendations.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Degree in Information Systems / B Sc Computer Science (or similar)
- 7 -10 yrs Working experience within the IT industry
- 5 – 10 years Working experience in retail or FMCG with at least 5 project lifecycles
- 5 years Retail industry experience with an understanding of retail business processes.
- 5 + years Worked on projects across multiple applications, SAP and non-SAP
- 5 + years Experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis, and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC)
- 2-3 years Lead a team through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams, architects and other members of the software development team.
- 2-3 years Experience with current research and standards in Solution Architecture.
Knowledge and Skills
- Architecture and solution design (UML, OO, SOA, etc.)
- S/W frameworks and methodologies (Agile, TOGAF, etc.)
- Solid track record in successful delivery solution architecture
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and logical skills
- Excellent team-working, interpersonal skills
- Develop of proposals and excellent written communication & presentation skills
- Excellent organisation and facilitation skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Commercial & business understanding of retail industry
- Experience with Retail applications: SAP Retail, JDA, JDEdwards,Baan, MS Navision or similar
- Experience with Inventory Optimization
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: The Shoprite Group of Companies South Africa
All applicants who meet the above criteria will be required to undergo job related assessments to establish suitability for placement, this includes a verification of qualifications.
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!