Alstom suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Repair Operator-Preventive x2 to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Track and clean assemblies to be tested / repaired
- Mechanical disassemble the products
- Execute maintenance tasks on sub-system products, tools and equipment
- Operate production equipment
- Ensure conformance to specifications
- Fill of all necessary documents. Schematics, Fabrication drawings, etc.
- Ability to make repair or scrap decision
- Identify and cross reference components.
- Organise and store components replacement and assemblies.
- Ensure validity and certification of relevant tools
- Populate relevant maintenance and repair follow-up in the data base
- Guarantee information flow within the repair team
- Perform quality self-control
- Monitor the production process and carrying out basic testing and quality checks
- Clean and maintain work areas and machinery in good state
- Propose new or improved ways or working that will enable the Teams to improve their efficiency or the safety of their work
- Undertake other duties as specified by the Repair Centre Manager
- Carry out such work in accordance with strict Health & Safety procedures as laid down by legislation and the Company Health Safety policies.
- Read reports and manuals as and when required.
- Report accidents/incidents, and the work done to validate or maintain the tools.
- Drive company vehicles when required and applicable
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Technical Certificate in the manufacturing field (mechanical, pneumatic or electrical)
- Millwright Certified will be an added advanage
- Minimum experience of 2 years in the maintenance or production field, preferably in the railway industry
- Ability to read and understand drawings, use schematics and test specifications
- Previous working knowledge of Health & Safety standards
- Ability to execute the work autonomously
- Ability to Coach Others and occasionally share skills/information to others
- Self-Motivated and inspired by the job in hand
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit jobsearch.alstom.com Africa South
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!