At RCL FOODS we see and do things differently, we think bigger, work smarter and as a team collectively work towards achieving our ambition; more food to more people, more often!
Our Talent Team are currently looking for a dynamic Regional Account Manager within our Chicken Business to be based in Cape Town. The role will report into the Retail Wholesale Channel Executive.
RCL Foods entrusts the Regional Account Manager to:
- Develop and maintain Rainbow’s business with the Capes (Western & Eastern Cape) Retail Regional accounts like Spar, PnP & Shoprite Checkers according to the company and channel strategy.
- Be responsible for the ownership of the Pick n Pay National account.
- Represent the customers’ best interests within the Rainbow environment so that customers’ needs are always satisfied.
- Develop and manage relationships with all regional Retail accounts, specifically with Spar at regional level. Relationships need to be formed and developed with not only the Store owners and buyers but also the operations managers, promotional managers and DC receiving managers and jointly set the accounts’ overall strategic direction.
- Develop and guide the implementation of assigned accounts specific business plans; achieve account profitability and sales targets; serve as the primary account contact; and provide account leadership.
- To represent the retail market dynamics and the customers into the Chicken Exec based in Worcester.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Degree in Management, Business Administration and/or Marketing.
- Valid Code EB drivers’ licence.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in a Key Accounts function that includes managing complex and/or significant customer relationships and key retail accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
What you’ll do
Your responsibilities will include:
Customer Account Management:
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, their operations and strategic objectives by reviewing their priorities, objectives and plans for the respective categories annually.
- Develop account plans in accordance with the overall company strategy of aggressively growing the added value portfolio and growing the profitability of mainstream chicken in conjunction with the customer needs assessment above. The company plan will be refreshed annually.
- Deliver the plan by conduction quarterly reviews of the performance versus the customer plan with the customer and internal cross functional groups, communicating key target achievements and following up/coordinating any shortfalls on performance versus the plan.
- All objectives in the plan must be measureable and performance communicated by a robot system.
- Manage and develop strong day to day relationships with the regional accounts representatives acting as an active ambassador for Rainbow at the customer and of the customer at Rainbow.
- At least half yearly reviews with the accounts operations managers must be done in conjunction with VSS.
- Develop and present fact-based sales proposals to customers based on regional market dynamics and competitor behavior.
- Seek out and pursue line extensions, new channels and new business.
- Forecast demand and feed that into the S&OP process at Bush Valley working closely with the production team.
- Liaise with marketing and monitor market trends, competitive activities and new products.
- Report meeting results ad follow up with the Retail channel manager to capitalize on sales opportunities.
- Facilitate NPD processes to meet customer requirements.
- Monitor quality of products and review complaints, returns and resolve all issues.
- Be an internal account champion, assuring clear and regular communication to key company mangers.
- Pursue opportunities unique to the account in terms of marketing, merchandising and operations.
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? RCL Foods South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!