Ongoing Job Vacancy at Santam Insurance for the position of Project Portfolio Analyst for immediate employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
PORTFOLIO REPORTING and INSIGHTS
- Maintain and report project/initiative information through management dashboards.
- Review and consolidate portfolio information. Disseminate insights and trends across the portfolio(s).
- Advice on consistent interpretation and reporting of RAG statuses.
- Prepare information, metrics and reports for governance forums and committees to enable meaningful decision making.
- Facilitate portfolio review meetings and raise/highlight variances.
- Facilitate debrief meetings with other stakeholder groups and provide portfolio management reports as required.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT CONTROLS
- Control and govern registration and closure of initiatives according to the agreed governance cycle.
- Review and govern quality of data captured in tools such as JIRA and Confluence (Atlassian). Provide an Assurance role and ensure alignment of information across reports and tools.
- Support and maintain the measures of success framework and health check questionnaire. Facilitate reviews and assessments. Consolidate results and outcomes including lessons learned. Analyze and report progress, status and highlight deviations.
- Develop and maintain repository of best-case examples
- Source, collate and report project ratings (Mid-year and Full-year) across all portfolios.
- Support Portfolio managers to ensure on-going alignment of PMC practice with the agreed Scaled scrum framework and Agile way of working.
- Maintain project/initiative and portfolio management procedures and templates (governance).
- Support and assist the Portfolio managers to maintain portfolio interdependency views.
- Support and assist to maintain the Portfolio Risk registers. Derive insights and report deviations.
PORTFOLIO PLANNING AND PRIORITISATION
- Assist the Portfolio Managers with:
- 1-Yr, 3-Yr and 5-Yr Portfolio planning.
- Regular planning and prioritization meetings and forums.
- Develop portfolio views linked to strategy and capacity.
PORTFOLIO OFFICE MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Provide administrative support to governance forums (currently SIIC, PIC, DPF).
- Schedule portfolio meetings, capture minutes and follow up on actions.
- Maintain and communicate the annual and quarterly portfolio schedule and calendar. Ensure alignment to the corporate calendar.
- Maintain an internal and external community of practice (network).
- Maintain the central PMC repository via Confluence and OneDrive.
- Maintain mailing lists and Teams channels.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of the collaboration session(s).
- Provide input to the PMC Induction for new joiners and assist to on-board, educate and mentor new starters.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification or Qualification through experience.
- Project Management Training. Agile and Scrum qualifications recommended.
- 4+ years Project Office Coordination experience and/or 6+ years Project/ Programme coordination experience.
- Demonstrate experience in the application of industry standard project management methodologies and processes; and working in an Agile environment with Scrum method knowledge strongly preferred.
- Experience using the Tools and Techniques in alignment with the agreed Santam ways of working. Including but not limited to, Teams, OneDrive, PPO, JIRA, Confluence, JIRA Planview and SharePoint.
- Possess a deep understanding of Project administration/coordination processes across all the knowledge areas.
- Possess familiarity with methods, techniques and tools.
- Possess familiarity with the system development lifecycle as well as the Scrum at scale framework, Agile and Kanban.
- Possess expertise in inter programme and project dependency coordination.
- Able to identify and report on/or highlight anomalies and insights through the review and consolidation of information across the Portfolio.
- Possess a deep understanding of portfolio, programme and project management processes, methods, techniques, and tools across all the portfolio, programme and project management knowledge areas.
- Deep understanding of project management methods, techniques and tools.
- Deep understanding of agile ways of working, techniques and tools.
- Deep understanding of the system development lifecycle and frameworks for business solution delivery. Incudes waterfall, iterative and agile methods.
- Understands architectural considerations in order to effectively factor them into planning, decisions and recommendations and effectively communicate.
- Familiarity with change management disciplines including stakeholder management, communication and business readiness.
- Ability to identify project implications based on an understanding of systems, processes and business.
- Project Oversight, Planning, Project Management Tools, Project Tracking and Reporting, Project Portfolio Management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Kindly visit careers.sanlamcloud.co.za South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!