Ongoing Job Vacancy at McKinsey & Company for the position of Professional Development Specialist for immediate employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- You will manage the consulting staffing process including obtaining detailed information from partners regarding studies and staffing needs. In this role, you will develop professional relationships with consultants to understand their experience, aspirations and circumstances; providing coaching and guidance to the consultants on their staffing and professional development; recommending best available teams for each study, balancing client, team and individual needs; communicating decisions and rationale; coordinating with other relevant departments such as finance (e.g. on billing arrangements) and recruiting (e.g. on new hires).
- You will also develop and implement tailored development and learning programs for the consultants, including new hire orientation and onboarding, leadership trainings, hard and soft skills trainings, etc. You will monitor and raise emerging people issues with office leadership and drive associated problem solving and programmer development as needed. You will also enhance consultant development by leading/participating in office initiatives such as cohort connectivity events, team talks, and development leader group meetings, etc.
- You will maintain accurate and up-to-date information in all people information systems and develop these systems so that they are reliable and efficient. You will read analysis and reporting of key staffing and professional development metrics for local office leadership. You will develop a network of staffers / PD managers within the firm to facilitate inbound / outbound staffing assignments and to ensure the flow and implementation of best practices
- You will manage other consultant personnel practices as needed e.g. budgets, leave processes, mobility etc. You will work on a variety of relevant ad hoc people projects as needed.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- University degree required; HR or other professional degree preferred
- 5+ years of previous experience in people related areas; especially in Diversity & Inclusion
- Familiarity with leadership and development programmers in South Africa
- Experience in mentoring, coaching and advising diverse profiles
- Strong passion for people development
- Ability to always maintain highest level of confidentiality
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to build credible and trust-based relationships, sound judgement
- Team player with customer service attitude
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to identify and manage priorities and deliver high quality outputs under deadline pressure
- Great sense of ownership and can-do attitude; drive to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the team and the work
- Ability to work independently, take appropriate initiative and problem solve
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit www.mckinsey.com Africa South
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!