Unitrans suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Mechanic: Diesel to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Overseeing Routing and scheduling of delivery vehicles
- Briefing/debriefing of Operational staff
- Conducting multiple daily meetings with client
- Ensuring fleet is maintained & in the optimal condition to operate/function under operational pressures
- Ensure that fleet road worthy test are done timeously and vehicles have valid license discs
- Conducting SHEQ tasks. Toolbox talks, committee meetings, SHE inspections, etc.
- Liaising with mechanical workshop, the client, suppliers, regional management and head office on a daily basis
- Supervise on site suppliers
- Ensuring strict compliance with NBCRFI main agreement
- Staff wages/overtime control
- Vehicle fuel consumption monitoring
- Onsite fuel bowser control
- Review Mix Telematics reports and take necessary action
- Coach DriveCam events and take necessary action
- Ensuring optimal utilization of fleet & staff to meet operational targets
- Ensuring operations administration is processed accurately and timeously
- Cost control, reviewing quotes and invoices
- Monitor of CPKs and review of income statements
- Supervising day to day activities
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Tertiary qualification in Logistics/ Transportation Management
- Animal Feed Production and Transport Experience
- Code EB divers license, EC drivers license an advantage
- 2 years minimum experience in a senior supervisory position in the Transport Industry
- 7 year minimum experience in a supervisory position
- Computer literate and with advance skill in MS Excel
- Knowledge of NBCRFI Main agreement
- Technical Knowledge in regards to Tyres and Vehicle Maintenance
- SHEQ experience in the Transport Industry
- Familiar with Mix Telematics and DriveCam systems
- Understanding of transport economics and finances
- Driven towards achieving production targets and upholding high standards.
- Able to communicate with, supervise and motivate employees to achieve targets
- Excellent communication skills on all levels
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Analytical, pro-active, organized, innovative
- Disciplined and lead by example
- Contactable reference for last 2 employers
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Kindly visit unitrans.erecruit.co South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!