VKB Group suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the Occupational Health & Safety Officer – VKB Regional Office, Modimolle at to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective program and ensure compliance to satisfy the requirements of local legislation e.g. the OHS, COID, Environmental Conservation and railway acts.
- Develop systems to ensure all employees comply with all relevant legal safety requirements.
- Identify safety training needs, organize and co-ordinate safety training courses and prepare. training material where appropriate.
- Co-ordinate safety meetings:
- ensure meeting times are set
- agendas are sent out
- minutes are kept and sent out
- ensure that all support documentation in respect of the safety program is received on time and in the correct format from all concerned parties
- Assist in appointment of all legal appointments
- Communicate changes in Safety and Environment legislation to Management.
- Evaluate incident forms, surveys, audits to establish root causes and together with Supervisors and Managers concerned, formulate a plan of action to correct non-compliant behaviour or conditions.
- Liaise with onsite contractors to ensure their compliance with Company safety regulations and adherence to safety standards, including basic safety induction training.
- Conduct surveys and audits as required to identify and minimize the risk to company and employees.
- Identify unsafe acts, conditions, and hazards, investigate root causes and identify corrective and preventative actions and report to management.
- Co-ordinate at least two evacuation exercises per year to ensure that all staff become familiar with these procedures.
- Assist with the formulation of emergency/contingency plans for:
- Natural disasters
- Industrial action
- Political unrest
- Bomb threats
- Review and update Emergency Procedures as and when necessary.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Grade 12
- NOSA SAMTRAC
- At least 3 years’ proven experience in the safety field, agriculture environment will be advantages
- Willing to travel extensively
- National diploma in safety management will be advantages
- Thorough knowledge of relevant local safety, security and environmental legislation:
- COID ACT
- Environmental Conservation Act
- Working knowledge of safety systems.
- A working knowledge of local OHS requirements.
- Able to engage and work with external stakeholders, suppliers and contractors.
- Able to take ownership of areas responsible.
- Able to work within the workforce and management teams.
- Able to collate and construct Health & Safety reports as required.
- Able to manage and update existing Health and Safety system.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit vkb.simplify.hr Africa South
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!