Santam Insurance suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Non-Motor Assessor II to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Receiving instruction from Claims Service Consultant (appraisal notes & docs).
- Checking completion and correctness of document and policy conditions.
- Planning routes for claims, make arrangements and contact client.
- Identifying what is required and outstanding from client.
- Deciding on what must be investigated and whether specialist expertise is required e.g. builder, engineer.
- Assessing risk to provide recommendations to underwriting.
- Appointing specialist resources if required.
- Interacting with the police, weather bureau etc. to assess merit.
- Comparing information collected to the policy requirements and claim details presented.
- Determining equivalent replacement and determine risk.
- Deciding and negotiating on replacement/cash/claims card.
- Authorizing repairs/cash settlement.
- Writing Claims Report and updating the central claims file.
- Handle and resolve clients/brokers complaints in a timely and fair manner.
- Managing relationships with client, broker, service providers and internal stakeholders (relationship managers, claims committee, opinions from underwriters); and
- Ensuring effective and continuous communication with all stakeholders.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Matric (Grade 12) with Mathematics
- Short-term insurance qualification (NQF4) plus completed Digital Non-motor Assessors Skills Programme
- Certified Fraud Examiner qualification advantageous
- Five (5) years’ or more relevant experience at digital non-motor level (full spectrum), field assessing experience advantageous
- OR Seven (7) or more years’ relevant claims assessment experience (non-motor) (full spectrum)
Knowledge and Skills
- All relevant product training completed
- Familiar with IM external systems
- Must have experience in adjusting process, assessor reporting tools, building terminology, repair estimation on building damage, indemnity issues, non-standard roofing e.g. thatching, floor coverings, gyproc, building repair calculator and advanced electronic equipment
- Ability to do investigations on buildings, its contents and fire
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit careers.sanlamcloud.co.za South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!