The Teacher role is primarily responsible for working alongside the Senior Teacher to motivate, inspire and empower their students with high-quality individual and group instruction so that they can reach their full potential. The incumbent might be a newly qualified teacher or in their first few years of teaching, and should therefore be someone who is hungry to learn and to lean into the balance Valenture strikes between classroom teaching and collaboration with other professionals in the school.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
Significant contact with students to encourage, motivate and empower them to achieve their best.
- Employ a variety of teaching and instructional methodologies to individuals and groups of students.
- Conduct lesson planning within your subject to develop appropriate teaching solutions and strategies that target the specific student needs that arise as they progress through the course.
- Work closely with the Senior Teacher and Student Experience Lead to monitor at-risk students and the effectiveness of planned interventions (according to our remediation policy which uses RTI) and employ bespoke remediation strategies to enable student academic progress.
- Review holistic performance of students on a regular basis.
- Update student records with socio-emotional, behavioural and academic insights gained through teacher-student interactions.
- Meet weekly with the Senior Teacher in your team to identify student progress, trends and at risk-students.
- Manage the posting of announcements to the online campus, and respond to discussion forum posts made by students.
Community of practise:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Engage in lesson observations with Senior teachers, Teachers and your Student Experience Lead to maintain quality assurance of instruction in line with Valenture’s Teaching and Learning approach and to enable personal and peer improvement through feedback, coaching and mentorship.
- Weekly professional development sessions to develop a deep knowledge of the most recent advances of research in the subject you teach, as well as the research on how something can be taught and learned.
- Engage in the systemic integration of scientific educational knowledge, didactics (or pedagogical content knowledge), and practice to enable teachers to enhance their pedagogical thinking, evidence-based decision making, and engagement in the professional community of educators.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- 0 – 5 years teaching or tutoring experience at secondary school level, with either BEd or PGCE qualification.
- Experience teaching the CAPS or IEB curriculum will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively working with young people to promote their individual academic potential.
- Adept in a technological environment.
- Operationally savvy.
- A good feel for working with assessment data and operational data.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be comfortable working remotely and independently.
- Stable internet connection, and your own laptop required.
- Police clearance required.
- Candidate’s own laptop is advantageous.
- A second screen.
- A stable internet connection (minimum of a 20mbps line).
PERSONAL SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- The ability to elicit the best from students through excellent rapport, meaningful engagement and sincere commitment to their success.
- Knowledge and passion for the subject area.
- Inclusive and dedicated to developing all students.
- Must be able to take initiative as well as self-audit.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility.
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Valenture Institute South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!