Hello Group is looking for a legal advisor to be responsible for providing clients with legal assistance and advice. The responsibilities of a legal advisor include drafting legal documents, structuring solutions for issues, and providing support in legal issues.
To be successful as a legal advisor, you should possess excellent analytical, research and writing skills, the ability to make good judgments, and be able to work well within a team. Ultimately, a top-notch legal advisor should have strong communication skills, be able to manage a large workload with a tight deadline, and remain up-to-date with laws.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- AML/CFT Certificate preferable but not essential
- Admitted Attorney (South Africa)
- 1-3 years post-admission experience within a law firm or in-house environment.
- Experience in drafting and reviewing a variety of contracts is essential to this position.
- AML/CFT experience preferred but not essential.
- Experience in Fintech, Financial Services or Telecommunications industries is preferable but not essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- IT literacy / Computer skills – MS Office
- Good research ability
- Good Organisational and Time Management Skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Problem solver.
- Ability to work with confidential information, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You are an Admitted Attorney looking for in-house experience and have a passion for contracts and compliance. You like to think outside the box to solve complex problems and keep updated with new legislation and legal trends. You can work in a diverse environment and form legal opinions in multiple disciplines or fields.
WHAT YOU’LL DO HERE
- Junior In-house Legal Counsel / Junior Legal Advisor
- Draft and review International Remittance/Money Transfer Agreements;
- Highlight the legal risks, and present mitigating factors concerning the identified risk(s) to relevant business units;
- Assist with the AML/CFT due diligence process;
- Assist with the onboarding of third-party service providers globally;
- Attend to all ad hoc legal matters affecting the remittance business and other business within the group;
- Draft legal letters for the group and draft ad hoc legal agreements (nationally and internationally);
- Assist in drafting and reviewing group policy documents;
- Draft, and review, various commercial legal agreements applicable to the group;
- Advise the group on general legal matters and stay up to date with legal/regulatory changes that have an impact on your business unit;
- Review and develop the group’s current legal processes;
- Meet predetermined targets and timelines as set by the Head of the Department in respect of the above from time to time;
- Refer matters to an external legal counsel should it be required and approved by the Legal Manager;
- Draft legal opinions; and Contract negotiations with third parties.
- Advise on the influence of legislation applicable to the different group divisions and their clients but with a primary focus on the remittance business;
- Provide oral and written legal opinion reports on research conducted as well as on various aspects of foreign and domestic law;
- Interpret contracts, legislation, and regulations;
- Compile regulatory compliance processes to assist the group in complying with regulatory obligations;
- Ad hoc regulatory compliance duties; and
- Meet predetermined targets and timelines as set by the Legal Manager in respect of the above from time to time.
General Legal Advisor Responsibilities – Legal Services
- Provide legal assistance under the umbrella of shared services to the group;
- Liaise with various divisions of the group as well as with external stakeholders regarding all legal matters; and
- Meet predetermined targets and timelines as set by the Head of the Department in respect of the above from time to time.
Legal and Compliance Administration
- Maintain legal agreement templates, including, but not limited to; non-disclosure agreements, Remittances / Money Transfer Agreements and other agreements;
- Ensure that the group is equipped with all the necessary resources and tools to fulfil all legal and compliance tasks; and
- Meet predetermined targets and timelines as set by the Head of the Department in respect of the above from time to time