Absa Group Limited (Absa) invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Lead Platforms – Mainframe Dev Ops to join our dynamic team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
Platform Direction Setting, Solution Design & Performance Management
• Work with the Cross Functional Technology Leaders and CIO’s to understand & assess business and customer requirements (short, medium, long term)
• Leverage business (e.g. strategy, customer insights & CVP, competitor insights) and cross-technology (tech products & services, architecture, tech roadmap) performance data to identify strategic and operational platform opportunities
• Positively contribute to the organisation wide platform & engineering strategy & the achievement of end-end ‘Platforms as a Service’
• Set the supported platform vision and direction for the organisation
• Clearly articulate the supported platform strategy & roadmap
• Cascade the platform vision, direction & strategy across the business & facilitate stakeholder alignment
• Build a leading practice ‘centre of enablement’ partnership with business – trusted to influence the broader technology & product & services strategies – & achieve an integrated set of technology, business & customer objectives
• Collaborate across the tech value chain (CSO, CTO, etc.) to guide the business on the appropriate technical solution (cost to value) & the range of strategic technical choices to be made
• Take full accountability for leading the design, delivery & management of advanced (i.e. simple, innovative, optimised, modernised) platforms and associated infrastructure & architecture (end to end) & their validation
• Lead the identification and selection of fit for purpose internal & external technologies
• Design, implement & manage design thinking practices across platform feature teams to deliver architecturally sound platform technology solutions
• Lead & facilitate the design of the integrated set of platform solution blueprints & coach teams on the strategic direction, vision, platform development, architecture & infrastructure holistically
• Lead the detailed scoping, prioritisation & integration planning for the integrated set of platform solution designs & deployment across multiple stakeholder groups
• Act as the point of escalation for all major issues and events and apply deep subject matter expertise to facilitate their resolution with minimal business & customer impact.
• Strategically & operationally monitor the performance of platforms (all applications) – ensuring ongoing optimization & cost to value for our businesses (think bank wide)
• Be accountable for leading & developing innovative methods for measuring the customer experience, and translate the data to drive platform improvements
• Define & lead the implementation of quality performance measures & metrics & related data analytics tools and processes to enable business decision making
• Leverage data and insights from business, customer and platform itself to make technical design and implementation decisions
• Lead the resolution of service issues by analyzing and prioritizing data from stakeholders and directing service improvement efforts.
• Take full accountability for the end-to-end platform quality, completeness and resulting user experience for the life of the product or service.
• Design & deliver an optimal platform delivery capability that aligns the necessary people, process, & systems for optimal efficiency & effectiveness
• Assess Platform Capabilities and drive capability development plans for exceptional delivery & evolution of the platform
• Lead the design, implementation & adoption of enhanced process or technology solutions that identify and resolve platform, system, deployment, and environmental issues.
• Identify new and emerging practices for managing platforms and lead the adoption of new practices, across groups or disciplines to improve platform & associated platform analysis capabilities.
• Meaningfully contribute to & ensure solutions align to the design & direction of the Group Technology (e.g. architecture, DevOps) standards, principles, preferences & practices. Short term deployment must align to strategic long term delivery.
• Meaningfully contribute to & ensure solutions align to the design and direction of the Group Infrastructure standards and practices e.g. SLA’s, OLA’s, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS, Containerisation etc.
• Identify, development and lead the implementation of platform standards and best practices, and drive adoption across multiple value-chain wide product & service teams
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Accountability: Platform Development & Delivery Management
• Leverage the required expert level (own) skill & knowledge in platform engineering. architecture & Infrastructure, design and manage all development & development practices & outputs across feature teams
• Ensure the most optimal design & deployment of technical solutions in the organization (via pipeline – not manually)
• Lead the quality assurance & test automation agenda & continuous integration / delivery strategies & frameworks for the platform and take accountability for the platforms delivery of the broader technology principles of: self-service, resilience, repeatability, testability, scalability & resilience
• Guide code development practices (across platform & product engineering teams) and processes through an understanding of complex concepts and developmental practices
• Guide & ensure the delivery of quality development (code) based on own experience platform engineering
• Effectively manage the platform delivery pipeline & associated releases for maximum customer impact & minimum business risk
• Lead the maintenance & optimization of the platform as a ‘way of doing things / culture’ across the team. You are fully accountable for the longevity of solutions.
• Coach & Mentor senior engineers on technical competencies to effectively deliver on platform strategy.
• Resource & manage the appropriate number and nature (skill & capability) of squad based teams to execute on both Run & Change elements of delivery.
• Ensure agile practices are implemented and sustained for effective delivery to business e.g. RETRO’s etc.
Accountability: Financial & Vendor Management, Risk & Governance
• Positively contribute to the development & management of the integrated platform cost model & framework
• Take full accountability for and lead the design & continuous improvement of an integrated platform specific cost model & the ongoing optimisation of platform efficiencies and effectiveness
• Analyse operational cost data, identify cost-saving efficiencies and influence the business to adopt these efficiencies across multiple service teams – taking care to balance decision making for optimal efficiency & effectiveness
• Carry the ‘one stop shop’ accountability for all risk associated with technical decision making (from ideation to deployment)
• Manage & Apply the organization risk & governance frameworks – & represent the platform in all risk, governance & compliance processes (e.g. CTO approvals etc)
• Manage all vendor selection processes & take full accountability for all related commercial impact
• Negotiate best fit contracts for the organization at an enterprise level and align decision making to our key business principles of scalability, resilience, captivity etc.
• Deliver on time & on budget (always)
• Set & Cascade platform vision, direction & strategy across squads (feature teams)
• Design, implement and lead cross functional collaboration processes across technology teams and set cross-team commitments and achieve scale by enabling the work of others
• Proactively attract, recruit, develop, retain, reward & deploy a diverse resource base aligned to an ever evolving tech environment (ahead of demand)
• Build a high performance team environment through self-directed teams by driving performance management & measurement that is aligned with agile working practices (including daily, weekly, etc. sprint routines, regular & honest feedback etc.)
• Accountable for the right people in the right teams to deliver on our tech strategy (always!)
• Leverage coaching techniques to drive a higher quality design and deployment of technical products and services across technology teams
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com South Africa