DHL Group is looking for technically skilled candidates with excellent attention to detail for the position of forklift operator. Forklift operators are responsible for optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency, scheduling vehicles for maintenance and repairs, and managing inventory by utilizing RF scanning equipment, among other duties.
Forklift operators will need to transport valuable items, requiring diligence and good hand-eye coordination.
To purposefully transport cases/components via Forklift from one process to the next.
- Ensure that you and your subordinates adhere to the company’s rules and regulations as documented in the company’s disciplinary policy
- Ensure that housekeeping is maintained in your work area
- Ensure safe work practice as defined during Induction and other health and safety-related training and awareness campaigns
- Perform forklift inspection on your forklift at the start of the shift
- Complete the mortised equipment checklist and damage control form
- Ensure adherence to standard operation sheet and or/procedure requirements
- Operate required scanners
- Any other reasonable and executable tasks within your vocational ability assigned by the superior
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes:
- Matric with (English and Maths)
- Two years of previous work experience
- Accredited Forklift driver’s license
- Ability to work with people
- Ability to deliver results and meet customer expectations
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to cope with pressure and setbacks
- Ability to adapt and respond to change