We have an exciting opprtunity for an Inventory Controller within our Supply Chain Inbound Team! This position will be based at our offices in the Hammarsdale Distribution Centre and will report directly to the Operations Manager: Inbound
By taking on this opportunity, you will play a significant role within the business by monitoring and reporting on our company`s inventory levels through daily cycle counting and bi-annual stock takes, reconcile discrepancies and inventories, highlight irregularities through inventory tracking systems and daily analysis in support of the supply chain strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Implementation and maintenance of sound people practices
- Management of structures and placements
- Development and empowerment of team and staff.
- Drive Performance management processes
- Drive Climate, Culture, Values and Leadership.
- Manage all Employee Relations issues
- Effective management of stock in bulk and mezzanine area
- Ensure physical stock reflects on systems
- Manage Cycle Count and Checks,Plan daily cycle counting routines and schedules.
- Monitor discrepancies and identify trends, Report irregularities to Managers, Controllers and Supervisors for rectification to avoid re-occurrence.
- Manage stock adjustments proactively
- Plan Bi-Annual stock take teams and resources according to business timelines and expectations.
- Prepare warehouse for stock count readiness.
- Ensure that all stock not part of Warehouse Inventory is accounted for and isolated
- Escalate to relevant parties all stock not part of Inventory for Instruction on collection or destruction
- File all relevant documentation for Auditing purposes
- Ensure that racking rules are complied with
- Quarantine location managed effectively
- Ensure stock is stored safely as per the SOP
- Ensure Productivity targets are met in UPM’s
- Correct use of resources and effective planning of stock flows throughout the DC and between processes
- Ensure that exception reports are cleared on time (not completed <=2 days, bulk pick tasks within 24h)
- Manage discrepancy report
- Ensure 100% SOP compliance by staff.
- Ensure adherence to OHASA legislation
- Management of administration
- Financial management
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
What you’ll need
Grade 12/ Matric Certificate.
-Tertiary Qualification in Logistics/Supply Chain Management
-Knowledge, Skills and Experience
-Warehouse system knowledge (WMS) and WAMAS
-Practical working knowledge with Health and Safety and Quality Management Systems.
-Mechanical Handling Equipment, fleet controlling and maintenance.
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Ackermans South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!