Absa invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Internal Auditor – Treasury to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Keep the Audit team up to date on key regulations and policies relating to treasury functions (i.e. Asset and Liability Management, Liquidity and Funding, and Capital Management).
- Develop and maintain relationships with the heads of the respective treasury functions by attending continuous stakeholder meetings. In addition, engage closely with stakeholders during assignments and encourage open discussion and interaction with business on the risks associated in their environment.
- Attend forums of stakeholder (e.g. Treasury Risk and Control Committee) and other assurance providers (i.e. 2LOD) and share information on changes and new developments in the audit methodology.
- Provide the Audit team with write-ups on key risk assessments and risk profile for the Treasury functions.
- Assist the Audit team with the validation of audit issues.
- Support the Audit team in the identification of risks to be tested by participating in audit planning sessions.
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the audit methodology, by attending training sessions and using knowledge gained during audits, use this proactively in executing audit activities.
- Improve treasury knowledge (i.e. general and technical) through self-learning, external workshops or training for professional qualification
Outline The Requirements
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
- Two years’ experience in risk management or auditing
- Risk management experience with a focus on Treasury environment.
- Basic knowledge of regulatory requirements across liquidity risk, capital risk and interest rate in the banking book.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit Absa on absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!