People, passion, perfection. At the core of what we do at Nestlé, we’re led by a commitment to the health and wellness of our customers, a passion for quality and perfecting our promise to deliver good food and a good life. With over 308000 employees worldwide and a history that spans over 150 years, we’re known as “best place to work” and “the world’s biggest food and beverages company”.
We’re looking for an Industrial Services Engineer to join our team in East London factory which produces chocolates & confectionary. As an Engineer your responsibility is to support and participate in the implementation and execution of the factory asset maintenance programme aimed to eliminate unplanned stops and optimise maintenance cost and as a result increase asset intensity.
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
Your responsibilities will include:
Manage existing assets – Planned maintenance:
• Actively participate in maintenance routines to ensure that maintenance activities are scheduled and executed in time with high quality
• Support and participate in the implementation maintenance methodologies (PM pillar , foundations), usually member of PM pillar
• Resposnible to ensure effective utilization of AMM system
• Master and coach breakdown analysis.
Manage existing assets – Budget management:
• Provide input for annual maintenance budget. Assist with the reporting and tracking of the maintenance budget. Analyse over/under spending in the area of responsibility and propose corrective actions
Build Engineering Capability:
• Support and participate in the competence building plan (CBP) for the maintenance team
• Build up maintenance methoggologies competencies within Engineering, on the topics from Roles and Responsibilities matrix
• Assist with the technical training program for all factory maintenance staff
• Build up AMM competencies within Engineering
Manage existing assets – Production support:
• Support the implementation AM pillar methodologies
• Support production to eliminate quality defects, safety risks and chronic technical issues
Define and adhere to standards:
• Support and participate in implementation of applicable standards.
• Ensure adherence to applicable standards in the area of responsibility
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
• Engineering Degree (Electrical) or Technical college degree with substantial practical experience in engineering
• Wireman License (Advantageous)
• Experience in engineering management (maintenance, industrial , services, E&A ), preferably in FMCG or heavy industry related manufacturing environment (min 3 years)
• Strong technical knowledge on high speed packing machines, MV switching, electrical stators, VSD & servo drive systems
• Experience in managing electrical compliance onsite
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Nestle South Africa