Bidvest Bank invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Human Capital Business Partner to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Rendering a full HC Generalist role in the operational environment (unit), supporting business managers in all key HC operating processes: recruiting & staffing, talent and pipeline development, performance management, succession planning, compensation, diversity, employee engagement/opinion survey actions, salary planning, communications and union relations.
- Contain unnecessary expenditure by ensuring compliance with all HC policies and procedures and pursue potential cost saving/revenue enhancement initiatives for the Unit where applicable.
Customer Service and Daily Operations
- Provide expert advice, guidance and coaching to unit management regarding HC Operations, processes and procedures such as legislation, employment practices and labour
- Provide support on the research, design and development of HR initiatives in support of the HC strategy, using expert knowledge of the client
- Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the
- Drive a culture of performance, efficiency and accuracy as far as HC processes are concerned.
- Manage key talent acquisition, recruitment and selection for all vacancies, and development and retention for the unit by implementing Talent Management initiatives that will facilitate workplace skills-plan targets and address training
- Equip key clients with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage performance management, absence management, and career management.
- Drive consistent implementation of the Performance Management System including Goal Setting, Performance Appraisal, and Training Needs
- Advise the unit and assist with Skills Development targets and implementation of workplace skills plan.
- Build management responsibility and capability for managing employee relations issues and improve the effectiveness of
- Ensure that Policies are adhered to and reviewed when market or regulatory changes
- Communicate policy and regulatory changes to employees in unit and advise
- Facilitate the creation of and implementation of a communication plan into the local business area that achieves the agreed
- Act as a Change Agent for implementation of business processes within the
- Represent the Ban at the CCMA
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide the unit with monthly/quarterly reports on statistics
- Provide the unit with monthly/quarterly reports on statistics of:Leave of absence
- Vacation leave accruals
- Disciplinary hearings and referrals, and
- Other agreed HC metrics to enable effectivemanagement, cost containment and decision making
- Drive key HC processes such as HC dashboard, annual HC review, compensation planning, communication, performance management, and engagement initiatives
- Raise and discuss any issues regarding system/process weaknesses as identified for compensating internal systems & controls to be implemented.
- Feedback to applicable staff to ensure the application of correct
- Improve processes, turnaround times and controls as far as HC operations are concerned within the
- Involved in long-term planning. Contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise.
- Keeping abreast of own Development and ensure exposure is gained based on development
- Provide and arrange training & development to employees in unit (in line with Training plans and needs analysis).
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- B Commerce or relevant HC Diploma
- HC Degree and/or Industrial Psychology qualification will be advantageous
- 3 – 4 years’ previous HC Generalist experience in rendering support to a business unit.
- Thorough understanding of Human Resources and BU Operations in the Bank – 7-8 years’ experience in similar industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of latest legislation, BCEA, EE, LRA, BBBEE, SDA Employment legislation and market best practice
- Understanding equality and diversity
- HC Policies and procedures and strategic plans
- Knowledge of organisational development, succession planning and talent management
- Understanding job evaluation process, grading structures and links with reward
- Ability to manage change (change management skills)
- Ability to have business acumen; understand how business operates
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Proven effective people management skills
- A solution-based approach to problem-solving
- Ability to champion and promote new ideas that contribute to the achievement of business objectives
- Project management skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit www.careerjunction.co.za South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!