Global Logistics Internet suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of HR & Recruitment Specialist to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Conduct and set up interviews and review CVs in line with the requirements for the role
- Advertise jobs online on the various job portals as well as our GLI website.
- Manage and help run staff on-boarding, communicating relevant requirements and timings to the IT/DevOps team.
- Acquire all relevant items during the employees first week such as signed HR documents, contract, NDA, JDs, ID document etc.
- Aim to communicate to new employees the culture of the company and create an inviting and warm atmosphere during inductions.
- Assist with off-boarding of staff including:
- Team communication,
- Conducting exit interviews (where required) providing feedback to the head of department,
- Ensuring access is removed (Google drive, Dropbox, VPN, emails, Mattermost etc).
- Attract best-fit talent, using creative mechanisms without the support of recruitment agencies.
- Implement initiatives in order to retain employees
- Build a talent Pipeline for the company – keeping up to date details on each candidate in order to contact them should a role become available.
- Manage and implement recruitment processes in line with strategy for the area in such a way that efficiencies are achieved and that the area is optimally resourced
- Manage and update the Candidate Tracking Report
- Help maintain an active online presence for the company’s brand, updating the Linkedin and Facebook pages with advertising and content.
- Work with and provide support and on-going advice to management to resolve employee relation issues
- Assist line managers with discipline processes as second line of support.
- Work with management to investigate into operational issues
- Provide counselling support to individuals in need – ensuring relevant feedback is provided to Head of Department/HR Manager/Line Manager.
- Identify and develop action plans on OD issues – including team and individual issues, eg performance, cultural, communication and leadership
- Provide continuous improvement and innovation on all HR activities and systems
- Research and implement employee wellness measures and initiatives where needed
- Champion the GLI values
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assist with the revision of policies and procedures when required.
- Ensure company compliance to South African Labour Laws (BCEA LRA SDA EE Acts)
- Continuous Improvement: ensure regular research and personal upskilling on SA Labour Law.
- Assist the HR Manager with the preparation of the Skills Development plan and reporting
- Employment Equity:
- Assist with the preparation of EE compliance and EE plan
- Assist with the submission of EE reports in December each year.
- Act as the EE Committee Secretary
- Prepare an agenda if required
- Ensure strict confidentiality with all HR related items, documentation and information.
- Prepare and maintain job documentation: employment contracts, personnel files, job descriptions etc
- Create HR content, ensuring consistency and adherence to the GLI Brand guidelines developed by the UI team.
- Create and maintain organograms on Libreoffice
- Complete HR letters such as transfers, promotions, employment confirmations, amendments, visa applications, increases and travel where needed.
- Address ESS queries and manage workflow groups when changes are needed.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- HR Related Degree
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with IT and Marketing related recruitment
- Excellent knowledge of recruitment practices and procedures
- Experience in building talent pipelines
- Strong knowledge of Labour Law, BCEA and LRA
- Knowledge and track record of implementing, improving, and creating HR Policies and Processes
- Experience in employee onboarding programs
- Experience in counselling and coaching staff
- Ability to juggle both business and people requirements
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong organisation and time management skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!