Faircape Group suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Housekeeping Supervisor- Noordhoek to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Ensure priority tasks are completed timeously such as cleaning rooms prior to admission of new residents.
- Perform room inspection according to the standard checklist along with the Unit or Nursing Services Manager.
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Report complaints about service and equipment.
- Ensure corrective actions given by the manager are implemented.
- Ensure that records of Housekeeping tasks are up to date and readily available.
- Routinely check on the condition of work areas to ensure that the work schedule is meeting the needs of the facility and adjust accordingly.
- Inform maintenance manager of any painting, repair work, replacements of furnishings and equipment that may be required.
- Recommend changes that could improve service and increase operational efficiency.
Personnel and Human Resources:
- Conduct daily morning meetings with Housekeepers to discuss workflow, allocation and to address any arising matters.
- Engage with Housekeeping staff to resolve performance and personnel problems, and to discuss company policies.
- Redirect issues through appropriate channels.
- Instruct staff in work policies and procedures, and the use and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist manager with screening of potential job applicants.
- Assist manager in evaluating employee performance and recommend personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, and dismissals
- Plan and prepare employee work schedules for everyday operations as well as once off events.
- Forecast necessary levels of staffing and stock at different times to facilitate effective scheduling and ordering.
- Be available to meet with the direct line manager on a fortnightly basis.
- Report any urgent matters to the line manager immediately.
- Coordinate activities with other on-site staff to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Complete weekly report on Housekeeping tasks and staff as directed by the manager.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Check and keep an inventory of Housekeeping equipment and supplies and report problems, damage or loss to the manager.
- Ensure order of new supplies and stock are placed timeously. Issue supplies and equipment to Housekeeping staff
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary if there are staff shortages.
- Assist with stain removal and cleaning of resident personal furniture as needed.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
Experience and Education:
- Grade 10-12
- 1-2 years in similar position (Working within a Healthcare centre)
- Housekeeping training courses advantageous
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent working knowledge of cleaning appliances and their operations
- Knowledge regarding the proper use of cleaning/chemical agents
- Attention to detail and good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Computer literacy
- Team work
- Attention to detail
- Responsibility and accountability
- Initiative and creativity
- Conflict resolution
- Clear health record
- Clear criminal record
- Clear credit record
- Contactable references
- Vaccinated against covid-19 or prepared to be vaccinated prior to commencing job
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit faircape.simplify.hr South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!