Ongoing Job Vacancy at Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel for the position of Housekeeping Supervisor for immediate employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Supervise and direct the daily activities of staff to enable the efficient and smooth operation of the department.
- Prepare and distribute room assignments to Housekeeping staff and allocate work sections to the room attendants.
- Investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, record and report through appropriate channels and ensure a follow up is done to close any open glitches
- Implement service standards regarding cleanliness, amenities and maintenance in rooms and ensure adherence to these.
- Efficiently use and manage the inventory of supplies, linen, and equipment.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling consumption of guest and cleaning supplies, and devise methods for optimal usage of cleaning supplies.
- Plan and implement preventive maintenance and cleaning schedules for rooms and public areas.
- Assist Housekeeping Management in monitoring staff productivity.
- Co-ordinate with Front Office on releasing of rooms and special guest requests.
- Assist with the required training of all Housekeeping personnel.
- Assist with Laundry duties as and when required.
- Check rooms, common areas (including hokkies, stairways, corridors, and lounge areas) and other back of house areas are kept neat, tidy and free from obstruction and in accordance with hotel standards.
- Ensure proper control, storage, and maintenance of stock and operating equipment by monitoring stock holding and usage to ensure minimum losses / breakages.
- Ensure that all repairs and maintenance issues that need attention are reported to the relevant parties and logged on QMS.
- Check rooms daily using the LQA checklist for arrival and occupied rooms.
- Ensure fresh flowers are replenished in arrival and occupied rooms.
- Ensure correct gifting is placed in guest arrival rooms.
- Check that all staff members report for work as per the roster and report any absenteeism to management.
- Ensure the uniform, nametags, and personal appearance of housekeeping staff are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all staff adhere to the company policies and procedures, to report any shortcomings to management and take appropriate disciplinary action.
- Ensure that room status and any changes of status throughout the day are reported to the office coordinator and inspected in the system.
- Assist with administrative duties as and when required.
- Inspect all assigned areas on a daily basis ensuring that all areas are cleaned and maintained according to company standards.
- Assist with OE stock take as and when required.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Previous hospitality background – Luxury or 5-star background preferred.
- To have a minimum of 2 years suitable work experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience with supervising a team.
- Knowledge of Housekeeping operations.
- Good knowledge of hygiene, safety and security, use of chemicals, and cleaning equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of Housekeeping tasks & practices – bed-making, dusting, arranging guest supplies etc.
- Computer knowledge essential.
- Excellent customer orientation
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel on apply.workable.com South Africa.
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!