Absa Group Limited (Absa) invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Full-stack Java Developer to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilitiesi
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Apply critical thinking, design thinking and problem solving skills in an agile team environment to solve technical problems (Front End, Back End OR Middleware) with high quality solutions
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle including
- Evaluate analysis, problem definition, business requirements, solution development & provide recommendations to enable the operational feasibility of solutions
- Quickly produce well-organised, optimized, and documented source code to deliver technical solutions
- Ensure designs & solutions support the technical organisation principles of self-service, repeatability, testability, scalability & resilience
- Apply general design patterns and paradigms to deliver technical solutions
- Support the development of CI / CD Pipelines (authoring & supporting CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins / similar tools and deploying to multi-site Kubernetes environments – supporting and managing your applications all the way to production)
- Use & configure modern observability techniques leveraging e.g. aggregated logging via ELK stack, metrics via Prometheus / Grafana / NewRElic and tracing using Zipkin/Jaeger
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets.
- Work with integrated teams and other developers to improve and evolve technical products and services
- Align all application development & development process to Group Architecture & Infrastructure guidelines
- Provide input into project & program teams (when required) to plan & manage the development lifecycle e.g. releases, risk management, testing, integration etc.
- Conduct reviews, performance monitoring & ongoing optimization and maintenance on applications
- Stay ahead of the curve on emerging technologies and development practices and continuously evolve existing knowledge & skill in preparation for cross domain and other experiences e.g. Secure Side, Testing, Infrastructure solutions etc.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
Key critical technical requirements:
- Min 5 years’ Java development experience
- ANGULAR 4-7
- JAVA 11 PROGRAMMING (JAVA SE 11)
- JAVA SPRING AND HIBERNATE INTEGRATION 5.0
- Springboot 2
- WEB SERVICES
- Micro-services architecture
- MicroSoft SQL/PostgreSQL
- IBM MQ knowledge
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent communication, analytical skills and decision making ability in collaborative environments
- Excellent understanding of specific coding / scripting languages
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and ability to properly apply general design patterns and paradigms
- Experience with test-driven development and domain driven design
- Solid understanding of messaging protocols and web services like SOAP and REST
- Experience with open-source relational databases
- Leadership capabilities will be advantageous
- Bachelor’s Degree: Information Technology
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!