Sappi suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Fitter to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Fit, assemble, grind and shape metal parts and sub-assemblies to maintain production machines and other equipment as required
- Schedule maintenance for the plant or area of responsibility according to notifications and Planned Schedules
- Perform fault finding on systems during breakdowns and repair the problem or correct equipment to keep downtime to a minimum
- Perform daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed inspection list
- Perform standby as required to cover breakdowns after normal working hours and weekends, report all deviations to the Maintenance Support Mechanical (Foreman)
- Report all unsafe acts to the Maintenance Support Mechanical
- Draw spares from stores utilising SAP as required by the task being performed
- Improve and maintain Master Data in SAP’s accuracy and comply with work order business processes and update as required
- Comply to Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) requirements of the Mill and section
- Assist production personnel with Equipment Isolation / Lockout of the process when performing isolations / Lockouts of the equipment
- Investigate incidents and identify root cause / s of Non-Conformances and take corrective actions on all deviations as required
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in the workplace and workshop at all times
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Mechanical Fitter or Fitter and Turner
- Grade 12 or N3 Engineering
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience in a heavy engineering environment will be advantageous
- Valid Driving Licence
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit career2.successfactors.eu Africa South
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!