Ongoing Job Vacancy at Nedbank for the position of Financial Officer for immediate employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts within turnaround times by gathering business requirements, understanding business trends, projecting forwards and making recommendations where appropriate.
- Prepare monthly reports by collating data, creating reports, analysing and commenting on the results.
- Meet deadlines by working within the monthly strategic calendar.
- Assisting with non-life projects/initiatives to ensure all of finance requirements are met.
- Assisting with ad-hoc requests from Inexco or any other stakeholders in the business.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships by attending relevant meetings and regular communication.
- Build trusting professional relationships by sharing professional knowledge, meeting deadlines and providing high quality work.
- Ensure all general ledger entries are accurate and correctly posted and approved by checking daily reports, performing quality control checks and querying incorrect postings.
- Perform quality control checks (daily and monthly process) by verifying data accuracy, proper authorization and reconciling the general ledge accounts.
- Ensure compliance by following regulations, policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge and sharing with team.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes, systems and policies and support implementation of new processes, policies and systems.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting
- CTA with articles experience.
- BCom (Hons) Accounting
Minimum Experience Level
- 5 – 6 years experience in Accounting and Financial Management (Financial Services / Insurance) with 3 – 4 years experience in Insurance Accounting.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Business writing skills
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit jobs.nedbank.co.za Africa South
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!