Faircape Group suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Financial Manager- Cape Town to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to the finance department.
- Work as part of the Senior Management team to contribute financial and operational expertise in the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies & procedures, practises, etc.
- Interact with CEO, Finance & Staffing Committees by providing financial reports and information to ensure sound financial and operational governance.
- Improve operational systems, processes and policies – specifically better management reporting, information flow and management thereof, business process and organisational planning.
- Produce monthly management accounts for various entities, including balance sheet, income statement, and supporting schedules.
- Develop financial goals and objectives for the team.
- Ensure Management Accounts packs are correct, and that due date deadlines are met.
- Forecast costs and revenues.
- Manage tax payments.
- Review Budget Vs Actual variances and report on any variances.
- Review annual financial statements of all entities.
- Reconciliation and reports of various company accounts and comment on cash flow.
- Prepare audit packs, and liaise with auditors regarding annual financial statements.
- Submission of statutory returns for VAT.
- Review of payments for correct allocation and VAT treatment.
- Weekly / daily review of all cashbooks, invoicing, debtors age analysis and assist in the management of the credit control process.
- Authorisation of payments on the banking portal.
- Investigate expense variance, and add as notes to Income Statement schedules.
- Analyse financial trends.
- Provide support to the Finance & Operations Manager.
- Review of the system of internal controls and management and promotion of more effective management systems.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Chartered Accountant CA(SA) registered with SAICA – highly advantageous
- Completed B.Com/B.Compt degree in Accounting / Financial Management – essential
Experience and Knowledge:
- 2 years post article experience in commercial / corporate / operational environment as a Financial Manager Manager or
- 3 – 5 years commercial experience in a similar management role
- Experience in developing & implementing effective work processes, procedures and controls
- Must have been responsible for managing accounts to balance sheet and income statement
- Must have been responsible for ensuring that accounts are accurate and meaningful, and information contained in the accounts is accurate and relevant
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organisation skills
- Computer literate (experience in Google Drive, Sheets and Docs preferable)
- Technical financial acumen
- Proven organisational skills
- Able to perform under pressure
- Manage deadlines and meet them
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Responsible, accountable and dedicated
- Leadership skills
- Clear health record
- Clear criminal record
- Clear credit record
- Contactable references
- Vaccinated against covid-19 or prepared to be vaccinated prior to commencing job
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit faircape.simplify.hr South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!