As our Financial Crime Manageryou will be responsible for:
AML Program Management:
- Oversee AML team activities, including investigations, regulatory reporting, and customer/payment screening.
- Develop and maintain agent and partner due diligence processes.
- Evaluate risks associated with clients, financial instruments, and services, updating systems and procedures accordingly.
- Align the AML program with regulatory changes and business strategy.
- Review and update AML policies and procedures as needed.
- Provide guidance on corrective measures and inform senior management of policy application shortcomings.
Corridor Analysis and Training:
- Assist in corridor analysis and develop/review corridor-specific AML Red Flags.
- Facilitate an annual employee training program on Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing prevention.
- Identify departments and employees requiring further training and education.
- Collaborate with legal and law enforcement to plan and execute fraud case resolutions.
- Conduct suspect interviews, analyze documents and financial data, and direct fraud unit operations.
- Provide professional recommendations to limit fraud risks for business establishments.
- Support negotiations and recovery processes.
- Design and implement effective fraud prevention processes.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the fraud investigations team
Fraud Prevention and Technical Expertise:
- Establish and enforce rule configurations based on fraudulent activities.
- Oversee various lines of defence against fraud and lead fraud investigations.
- Analyse data and trends for proactive fraud prevention.
- Develop a strategic approach to fraud mitigation, transitioning from reactive to proactive measures.
- Collaborate with technical experts to implement effective anti-fraud measures.
- Utilise systems thinking and data analysis for informed decision-making.
- Own the implementation, management, and enhancement of compliance systems.
- Drive technical understanding and data analysis for AML and fraud prevention.
- Enhance technical capabilities within the Compliance department.
- In your first 90 days at Mama Money you will:
- Understand our business, our corridors, our transaction patterns, our existing rules and framework, and our regulatory obligations.
- Do your first risk assessment of our business from a compliance perspective, identify gaps and propose mitigation strategies.
- Propose AML system improvements and champion their implementation.
- Get to know the compliance team, the senior management team, and the overall people in our organisation.
- You have at least 8-10 years of Financial Crime & Compliance management role.
- You are familiar with industry practices and professional standards and have knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. AML, KYC, Fraud).
- Strong technical understanding and experience in AML and fraud prevention.
- You have experience setting up, managing, and developing a team of AML / Customer Screening / Fraud investigators, specifically focusing on their ability to grow their skillset and liaise with the rest of the organisation.
- You have actively managed the set up and maintenance of transaction monitoring rules set, specifically with regard to rules that identify money laundering and fraud patterns
- Proficiency in data analysis and trend identification.
- You have experience in the successful implementation of robust compliance & Fraud frameworks and processes – both in AML/KYC and Consumer Fraud.
- You have experience managing and improving the usage of customer screening and automated transaction monitoring tools.
- You have designed and implemented risk management programmes
- You have the ability to provide input in product development with regards to Fraud enhancements and customer protection.
- You have experience dealing with payment partners and third-party agents especially in terms of DD, EDD and risk management.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to design and implement effective anti-fraud measures.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proven experience in managing compliance, AML, and fraud prevention teams
- Compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Effectiveness of AML and fraud prevention measures.
- Timely identification and mitigation of fraudulent activities.
- Proactive approaches to risk management.
- Successful expansion into new corridors with minimised risks.