Ongoing Job Vacancy at Clickatell for the position of Financial Accountant for immediate employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Assist the Group Senior Financial Manager and Treasurer in the financial accounting and internal controls by:
- Performing monthly Trial balance checks to ensure all month end processes have been completed with a focus on the balance sheet and related reconciliations
- To ensure the financial & accounting policies, procedures and internal controls are updated, reviewed regularly and are appropriate to the activities of the Group so that the Group is protected from fraud & error, and that accounting records are complete and accurate
- Provide support to the Group Senior Financial Manager in the financial and management accounting information
- Assist with month-end close procedures
- Assist in Flash reporting (Revenue and Cost of sales)
- Assist in implementing changes in accounting policies (IFRS Updates)
- Provide support with group annual audits, tax audits and BEE audits and preparation of schedules within the designated facilities/regions
- Assist in managing the corporate cash and capital deployment to assure that all financial obligations are met
- Collaborate with the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team on the review and completion of all financial reporting with variance analysis
- Assist with Projects as determined from time to time
- Be a champion of continuous improvement within finance & accounting by identifying opportunities to enhance current systems and procedures, adapting them to keep pace with the changes in the business and its needs.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- CIMA or CA(SA) qualified.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in financial operations, reporting and treasury
- Ability to collect and analyse information, problem-solve, identify decisions / options and communicate them with partners around the business.
- Use data analysis to identify issues, spark thinking and propose solutions or options for solving complex problems.
- The ability to take a ‘big picture’ view of a situation, to weigh it up quickly, make a logical, sound decision confidently in order to have a positive impact towards achieving the objectives of the organisation.
- Ability to self-manage priorities and communicate well in a team environment to help ensure an efficient and enjoyable work environment – should be able to think ahead of what might be needed and help the financial operations and treasury team achieve great outcomes.
- Able to work quickly and accurately when creating and reviewing pieces of work and identify errors or inconsistencies.
- Convey information verbally and in writing to others in a simple and clear way.
- Technology industry experience would be advantageous.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (NAV) and IBM Cognos TM1 preferable.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Kindly visit Clickatell on jobs.workable.com South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!