Stitch invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Engineering Manager to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- User First – We are never satisfied with a technically convenient design if it leaves our end users worse off. We will always go the extra mile for our users.
- Type Driven Development – Type driven development is all about thinking deeply about your domain and modelling data types in such a way that it makes illegal state unrepresentable. We strongly believe that a type first approach leads to strong architecture and better results for the end user.
- Functional/Functional Reactive architecture – We believe that while pragmatism is important, software quality can be improved by constraining mutability, adopting message passing concurrency, separating side effects from business logic, and making use of declarative, functional APIs.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- At least 2 years of experience managing Engineers
- Dealt with salary reviews and increases.
- Worked to grow other engineers, and put them on a path of progression.
- Had previous experience designing systems, coding and is still comfortable having those discussions.
- Working experience collaborating with product managers and been exposed to delivering features to customers.
- Extremely good people management skills, both upwards and downwards
- Managed recognition and contributed to team culture
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- A proven passion for all things software
- Strong ability to work with others in a collaborative and inclusive manner
- Proven ability in managing execution of a feature, task or product all the way from conception to completion and release
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is encouraged (strong work experience can fill this gap)
- A few years of professional experience as a software developer
- Experience guiding junior developers to help you deliver solutions or help them grow and deliver solutions.
- Experience with API development and distribution
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Experience designing and architecting products
A snapshot of our current stack
- Nact (actor model)
- IdentityServer4 (dotnet core)
- Github & Github Actions
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit Stitch on apply.workable.com South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!