Ongoing Job Vacancy at RCL FOODS for the position of Electrician – Krugersdorp for immediate employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Repair failures on the equipments to restore the functionality of the equipment
- Carry out preventative maintenance work to ensure that equipment’s performance is at the ultimate output
- Carry out root cause analysis to prevent re-occurrence of failures
- Ensure job cards are completed timeously and all relevant information is
- Carry out daily inspections on the machines and report any defects that may
- have noticed
- Ensure all equipment is made safe before work is carried out and all
- safety equipment is functional at all times
- Decide on which parts need replacement and any additional work required
- Decide on an additional activity that is required to improve performance
- Assist production team in machine start-ups and set-ups every morning
- To organise and pre-planned maintenance activities on the basis of repairing plant machinery
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain mechanical/electrical equipment.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Do maintenance repair and troubleshooting for electrical systems and apparatus.
- Define and follow Standard Operating Procedures for the repair of electrical systems;
- Identify and suggest new approaches or best-known methods to foster continuous improvement;
- Perform other duties as assigned, including spiral freezer blockages or repairs, and mechanical fitting work such as follows:
- Replacing bearings,
- Replacing shafts
- Fixing motors
- Attending to gearbox failures
- Replacing and tightening of v-belts and chains
- Fixing water and pneumatic pipelines;
- Building conveyors for specific usages and building of covers for machines;
- Attending to minor fault finding on hydraulic power packs
- Welding – TIG and arc (mostly working on stainless steel);
- Basic Operating Lathe, polishing old and new shafts, bushes, new pins, new rollers;
- Basic operating hydraulic press, drill press and plate bender
- To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, other relevant
- legislation and RCL Foods policies and when carrying out maintenance repairs on production lines
- Adhere to Quality and Food Safety requirements
- Ensure ongoing implementation (and where possible improvement) of the Quality and Food Safety system through the systematic implementation of the relevant food safety requirements as defined in the Food Safety RACI Matrix and relevant policies and procedures (SOPs).
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Electrical Trade Test
- Wireman’s licence
- 2 – 5 years experience as Artisan in the FMCG
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit rcl.erecruit.co South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!