Sappi suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Electrician to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Installs, tests, connects, commissions, maintains and modifies electrical equipment, wiring and control systems.
- Coordinates with assigned Foreman and/or other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Ensure optimum plant availability by efficient diagnosis, repair and maintenance of all electrical systems and equipment.
- Inspects electrical systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating conditions, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Overhaul AC and DC motors and perform series of tests on each motor to determine the condition of the motor windings, insulation and core lamination during this process.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Required to work standby and overtime as required.
- Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section.
- Monitor subordinate’s performance against SHEQ requirements and corrects non-conformances.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Matric and/or N2 (4 subjects)
- N3 Advantageous
- Electrical Trade test Certificate
- 2 years post apprentice experience (preferable)
- Must have electrical fault-finding experience in an industrial environment
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit career2.successfactors.eu Africa South
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!