Alstom suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position Economic Development (ED) Controller to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Obtain understanding of ED contractual commitments i.e. Local Content and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment
- Refine and improve the tool for efficiency and find more efficient ways of obtaining valid and accurate data to place reliance on to ensure quality assurance of the ED Tool data in line with the contract interpretation and B-BBEE Codes.
- Establish ED reporting process to support monitoring and reporting of ED commitments. Lead reporting meetings and highlight reporting issues and mitigation plan.
- Coordinate the timely submission of progress reports by internal and external users and data.
- Assure robust forecast is available for all ED dimensions monthly.
- Generate qualitative and quantitative monthly reports on ED commitments. Analyse the data to ensure completeness and accuracy of data.
- Lead the ED audits on BBBBEE and Local Content for B-BBEE compliance and Customer audit compliance.
- Cost forecasting and compliance with latest standards
- Ensuring the overall responsibility for ED Processes
- Support the development of systems to pull information as required for the purpose of finance related ED reporting
- Manage the backlog of information required on historical Local Content data.
- Forecast cash and cost spend for the ED department and monitor the actuals against the forecast.
- Set up a monthly reporting work package review to report back to ED team
- Manage the quantification of Local Content and B-BBEE risk and opportunities, including engaging with internal departments on risk assumptions and mitigation plans.
- Provide ED training to employees when required e.g., induction etc.
- Engage with suppliers and support understanding and interpretation of ED contractual commitments and the reporting requirements of each supplier
- Manage the supplier B-BBEE audits and report to Sourcing on audit outcomes and required actions to mitigate risk.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Commercial degree (CIMA/Accounting/Auditing qualification)
- Data analysis experience
- Advanced MS Office
- Advanced excel modelling skills
- Reporting and Project Management experience
- Knowledge of B-BBEE
- Experience Level: At least 4 years’ experience in accounting/ auditing role, experience with B-BBEE and Local Content
Professional Competencies / Skills:
- B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice audit/verification
- Local Content Reporting and Auditing
- Excellent project-management skills with proven delivery orientation
- Exceptional writing and reporting skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong analytical thinking capabilities
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Teaming and collaboration skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit jobsearch.alstom.com Africa South
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!