Unitrans suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Driver Ultra Heavy Vehicle to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Overseeing Routing and scheduling of delivery vehicles
- Briefing/debriefing of Operational staff
- Conducting multiple daily meetings with client
- Ensuring fleet is maintained & in the optimal condition to operate/function under operational pressures
- Ensure that fleet road worthy test are done timeously and vehicles have valid license discs
- Conducting SHEQ tasks. Toolbox talks, committee meetings, SHE inspections, etc.
- Liaising with mechanical workshop, the client, suppliers, regional management and head office on a daily basis
- Supervise on site suppliers
- Ensuring strict compliance with NBCRFI main agreement
- Staff wages/overtime control
- Vehicle fuel consumption monitoring
- Onsite fuel bowser control
- Review Mix Telematics reports and take necessary action
- Coach DriveCam events and take necessary action
- Ensuring optimal utilization of fleet & staff to meet operational targets
- Ensuring operations administration is processed accurately and timeously
- Cost control, reviewing quotes and invoices
- Monitor of CPKs and review of income statements
- Supervising day to day activities
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Grade 12
- Code EC driver’s license with valid PrDP
- 3 years experience driving a Ultra Heavy Vehicle
- Must be prepared to work weekends and public holidays
- Defensive driving techniques
- Function and location of vehicle components
- Reporting procedure of emergencies and defects
- Vehicle inspections and operating a fire extinguisher
- Maximizing vehicle cost-effectiveness and efficiency
- Vehicle loading techniques
- Own reliable transport
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Kindly visit unitrans.erecruit.co South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!