Sasol suitably invites qualified and experienced candidates for the position Digital Technician (110205) to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Appoint, lead and support appointed Technicians and Mechanician to assist him her in the safe maintenance practices in terms of regulation 2.9.2.
- Operational managerial control over Digital Domain, Routine Backlog and P&CM work and Technicians , ensures compliance to maintenance master schedules backlog, 2 and 12 Week WBS,
- Maintenance and expansions of Collieries’ process control network (PCN) and underground business network, including underground WiFi, at set standards, along with the software and hardware equipment on the Collieries’
- Industrial IT on these networks
- Ensure the uptime and reliability of these networks, systems and equipment
- Software management and governance, including Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), e.g. SCADA, Joy
- Connect (or equivalent from other suppliers), firewalls and work management applications on mobile devices
- Responsible for hardware included, e.g. network equipment, servers, underground mobile devices (UMDs), power line modems, Mobile Communication Units (container) and digital sensors
- Developing standards and SOPs
- Participating in the development and deployment of new technologies and tools
- Critical link to manage provision of real time data from operations to IOC and planning and scheduling systems
- Managing the Colliery’s Industrial IT annual budget and capital
- Responsible for future digital enablement growth with wider adoption of wearables, sensors and reliance on realtime data from equipment
- Ultimate accountability for MES, underground connectivity, device and system availability
- Effectively manage Colliery level call center with support from the control room
- Good understanding of the Sasol mining process and other processes, culture, values, strategic objectives, etc.
- Ensure System of proper handover and sign off takes place to the Operations once scheduled maintenance work is completed
- The management of service providers OEMs operating in the area of responsibility, providing sufficient supervision
- Coordinate overtime and Call-out system and protocol management
Key Performance Deliverables:
- Uptime on communication, networks and Digital equipment
- Safety Performance IFR
- Compliance to Maintenance, 2 week and 12 week WBS
- COC IOC monitoring of reliability and accuracy of digital equipment outputs
- Work Management System – Maintenance Master schedules and SAP
- Defect identification and elimination process.
- System Backups and redundancy of critical systems and critical spares
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Statutory and Legal compliance etc
- Weekly VPC and 12 week WBS updates – Compliance to plan
- Colliery Engineering VPC inputs
Leadership and Values:
- Develop self and team: need to collaborate extensively with central C&I and digital teams and service providers.
- Strong operational and technical knowledge – high level fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Key Specialist skills and the leader in the Digital team at colliery level.
- Technical expertise specialist Knowledge incl Fault finding and safe maintenance practices.
- Critical to delivering Maintenance schedules and 2 week plus.
- Need a continuous improvement attitude to ensure sustainability.
- Strong systems thinker and problem solver with deep understanding of systems integration and relevant technologies.
- Influence teams and display high level of Credibility.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
- Critical role to ensure a connected mine with real-time information to enable short interval control of operations.
- Ultimate accountability for MES, underground connectivity, device and system availability.
- Drives high performance and accountability.
- High focus on Business and Results.
- Problem solver that guide team by doing.
Relationships, Teamwork and Collaboration:
- OEM engagement and management
- Ensure support from central C&I and digital teams
- Build good internal and external relationships
- Client focused
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Relevant B-Degree, B-Tech or Higher Diploma
- High level of computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license
- GCC (Electrical in Coal Mining) Wish
- ECSA Registered (Wish)
- Typically 5 years relevant work experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Visit career5.successfactors.eu South Africa
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!